Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,914 Members 45,145 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Galaxy S5 Stock Boot Animation Without AT&T Logo

Tip us?
 
freebee269
Old
#1  
freebee269's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 412
Posts: 842
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Kalamazoo

 
DONATE TO ME
Default Galaxy S5 Stock Boot Animation Without AT&T Logo

hello all. i got a friend to send me their international qmg files for the boot animation. these files do not have the at&t Logo in it. here is a link to the zip file that has the qmg files inside it. just extract the zip. you need to be rooted for this. then go to system/media with a root explorer and rename bootsamsung and bootsamsungloop qmg files to .bak. then copy the files inside the zip to that location. make sure to change the file permissions to rw-r--r--. then reboot.

you can also get rid of that circle animation during the shutdown animation if you rename shutdownloop.qmg to .bak. this will make only the samsung logo show during shutdown.

http://d-h.st/Uyv
Link to my Dev Host Files = http://d-h.st/users/freebee269


The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to freebee269 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
RoguePC
Old
#2  
Member
Thanks Meter 16
Posts: 87
Join Date: Jan 2012
thank you very much....i frigging hated that at&t logo
 
556AR
Old
(Last edited by 556AR; 23rd June 2014 at 11:35 PM.)
#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 27
Join Date: Sep 2013
Worked great. Thanks!

Is there a PowerOn.ogg on the international version?
 
freebee269
Old
#4  
freebee269's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 412
Posts: 842
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Kalamazoo

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by 556AR View Post
Worked great. Thanks!

Is there a PowerOn.ogg on the international version?
Yes there is but I didn't get that. I made my own ogg file.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Free mobile app
Link to my Dev Host Files = http://d-h.st/users/freebee269


The Following User Says Thank You to freebee269 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
jasp3r
Old
#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 19
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: DC
Quote:
Originally Posted by 556AR View Post
Worked great. Thanks!

Is there a PowerOn.ogg on the international version?
here is the link to the original poweron.ogg file

poweron.ogg

apply same way as above giving the permissions rw-r--r--

---------- Post added at 07:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasp3r View Post
here is the link to the original poweron.ogg file

poweron.ogg

apply same way as above giving the permissions rw-r--r--
this file is located in
system/media/audio/ui
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jasp3r For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
mcnaught82
Old
#6  
mcnaught82's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 50
Posts: 154
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Valley Springs
Quote:
Originally Posted by freebee269 View Post
hello all. i got a friend to send me their international qmg files for the boot animation. these files do not have the at&t Logo in it. here is a link to the zip file that has the qmg files inside it. just extract the zip. you need to be rooted for this. then go to system/media with a root explorer and rename bootsamsung and bootsamsungloop qmg files to .bak. then copy the files inside the zip to that location. make sure to change the file permissions to rw-r--r--. then reboot.

you can also get rid of that circle animation during the shutdown animation if you rename shutdownloop.qmg to .bak. this will make only the samsung logo show during shutdown.

http://d-h.st/Uyv
Thanks bro, works great. Much better then the att boot and sound.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
davew41
Old
#7  
davew41's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 39
Posts: 92
Join Date: Oct 2011
Here is my power on .ogg lol
https://mega.co.nz/#!qs4HzDib!cXXRic...jURiDlqRay8AbQ
Enjoy

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Blast Those Flags with Knock the Flags

Lately, we have seen a rather drastic shift in the world of mobile device gaming. The infamous Angry … more

Hide Numbers on Your SMS and Call Logs with Reflection

How many times have you given your device to someone else in order to show them a … more

Implement Split View in Your LG G2 KitKat Rom with Automated Installer

Some of you may have remembered a story on the Portal a few weeks back … more

Cast Your Device Screen the Way it Was Meant to be with Second Screen

Not too long ago here on the XDA Portal, we covered how Google had made … more