Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,799 Members 48,153 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] WiFi - mobile data switching problem

Tip us?
 
RR-99
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 21
Join Date: Nov 2012
Default [Q] WiFi - mobile data switching problem

Since updating my N7100 to 4.4.2, it is not reliably switching between WiFi and mobile data when it should. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. Until I updated it was always !00% reliable.

I found the new setting under the WiFi tab - 'Smart Network Switch', and this is checked.

Has anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions to cure it? The phone isn't rooted and I don't want to do that.
 
Androidwizzard
Old
#2  
Androidwizzard's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 421
Posts: 993
Join Date: Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by RR-99 View Post
Since updating my N7100 to 4.4.2, it is not reliably switching between WiFi and mobile data when it should. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. Until I updated it was always !00% reliable.

I found the new setting under the WiFi tab - 'Smart Network Switch', and this is checked.

Has anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions to cure it? The phone isn't rooted and I don't want to do that.
You got to disable Smart Network Switch cause whenever mobile data is stronger than wifi signal (even, let's say for a second) it will disconnect from wifi and vice versa.
Device: Samsung Galaxy Note II [GT-N7100]
ROM in development: XPERIA_MENT_Z2
All time best ROMs: Dr. Ketan
 
RR-99
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 21
Join Date: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Androidwizzard View Post
You got to disable Smart Network Switch cause whenever mobile data is stronger than wifi signal (even, let's say for a second) it will disconnect from wifi and vice versa.
Thanks. I'll try that.

It seems that the Smart Switch isn't working as it should because sometimes when I get home I can hold the phone right up to the WiFi router and it still doesn't switch to WiFi.
 
Androidwizzard
Old
#4  
Androidwizzard's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 421
Posts: 993
Join Date: Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by RR-99 View Post
Thanks. I'll try that.

It seems that the Smart Switch isn't working as it should because sometimes when I get home I can hold the phone right up to the WiFi router and it still doesn't switch to WiFi.
Normally no need for network switch, only on special occasions when needs continuous connection and wifi isn't that strong whereas mobile is.
If you untick (disable) you will see, that coming home into reach of wifi will automatically change from mobile to wifi.
Device: Samsung Galaxy Note II [GT-N7100]
ROM in development: XPERIA_MENT_Z2
All time best ROMs: Dr. Ketan
 
RR-99
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 21
Join Date: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Androidwizzard View Post
Normally no need for network switch, only on special occasions when needs continuous connection and wifi isn't that strong whereas mobile is.
If you untick (disable) you will see, that coming home into reach of wifi will automatically change from mobile to wifi.
I have it unticked now and I will see how it works. Will it be exactly like it was before I updated to 4.4.2?
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes