Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,799 Members 48,153 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] WiFi - mobile data switching problem

Tip us?

RR-99
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] WiFi - mobile data switching problem

Since updating my N7100 to 4.4.2, it is not reliably switching between WiFi and mobile data when it should. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. Until I updated it was always !00% reliable.

I found the new setting under the WiFi tab - 'Smart Network Switch', and this is checked.

Has anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions to cure it? The phone isn't rooted and I don't want to do that.

Androidwizzard
Old
Thanks Meter 421
Quote:
Originally Posted by RR-99 View Post
Since updating my N7100 to 4.4.2, it is not reliably switching between WiFi and mobile data when it should. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. Until I updated it was always !00% reliable.

I found the new setting under the WiFi tab - 'Smart Network Switch', and this is checked.

Has anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions to cure it? The phone isn't rooted and I don't want to do that.
You got to disable Smart Network Switch cause whenever mobile data is stronger than wifi signal (even, let's say for a second) it will disconnect from wifi and vice versa.
Device: Samsung Galaxy Note II [GT-N7100]
ROM in development: XPERIA_MENT_Z2
All time best ROMs: Dr. Ketan

RR-99
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Androidwizzard View Post
You got to disable Smart Network Switch cause whenever mobile data is stronger than wifi signal (even, let's say for a second) it will disconnect from wifi and vice versa.
Thanks. I'll try that.

It seems that the Smart Switch isn't working as it should because sometimes when I get home I can hold the phone right up to the WiFi router and it still doesn't switch to WiFi.

Androidwizzard
Old
Thanks Meter 421
Quote:
Originally Posted by RR-99 View Post
Thanks. I'll try that.

It seems that the Smart Switch isn't working as it should because sometimes when I get home I can hold the phone right up to the WiFi router and it still doesn't switch to WiFi.
Normally no need for network switch, only on special occasions when needs continuous connection and wifi isn't that strong whereas mobile is.
If you untick (disable) you will see, that coming home into reach of wifi will automatically change from mobile to wifi.
Device: Samsung Galaxy Note II [GT-N7100]
ROM in development: XPERIA_MENT_Z2
All time best ROMs: Dr. Ketan

RR-99
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Androidwizzard View Post
Normally no need for network switch, only on special occasions when needs continuous connection and wifi isn't that strong whereas mobile is.
If you untick (disable) you will see, that coming home into reach of wifi will automatically change from mobile to wifi.
I have it unticked now and I will see how it works. Will it be exactly like it was before I updated to 4.4.2?