No registration required

Porting Single SIM(XT1021) Custom ROMs for XT1022

OP subham99

28th June 2014, 08:19 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4

27 posts
Guys,
I recently bought a Moto E(XT1022). Being the curious tinkerer that I am, I started poking around the forums here for custom ROMs. Found quite a lot of them. One of the devs released an unofficial port of Carbon ROM for moto e. Cybojenix recently released an early build of of Slimkat ROM based on Android KitKat4.4.4. He also said that he will release an unofficial build of CM11 for moto e. But the problem with all of these ROMs is that they work only on single sim variants of moto e. I tried PMing dhacker29 the official dev of CM11 for Moto G unified Build about help to get these working on dual sim variants but to no avail. Same with JackpotClavin. So are there any other devs willing to take this up for us. Also I read on the Moto G forums about flashing XT1032 firmware on XT1033 to get only one working sim and to use single sim supported Roms. Is it anyway possible to do this with Moto E and is it practicak . The main problems being faced here are SystemUI crashes, not working radio etc.. There must be some work around.Hope we find it real soon.
The Following User Says Thank You to subham99 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th June 2014, 03:08 PM   |  #2  
Flag Bellary
Thanks Meter: 136

289 posts
More
yeah me too waiting for that but many users flashed the us moto e rom and result was none of the sims are working hope so we get some help
30th June 2014, 03:43 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4

27 posts
I asked cybojenix about it. He said that dual sim sources are pretty messed up. That's the reason devs are hesitant in supporting them.

Sent from my XT1022
30th June 2014, 04:00 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Ahmedabad
Thanks Meter: 2,800

2,488 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by subham99

I asked cybojenix about it. He said that dual sim sources are pretty messed up. That's the reason devs are hesitant in supporting them.

Sent from my XT1022

BTW @cybojenix just released a cm11 fix for dual-sim versions. Single-sim works for me.

Check cm11 thread for more info.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hetalk For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread