Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,840 Members 40,125 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] LG PC Suite ~ Which version to install [sorted]

Tip us?

Beards
Old
(Last edited by Beards; 27th June 2014 at 01:38 PM.) Reason: Answer found
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 879
Default [Q] LG PC Suite ~ Which version to install [sorted]

Being new to LG my first port of call was to the manufacturers web site and download/install the LG PC Suite.
However, before downloading I have to insert the smartphones model number in order to ascertain which version of the PC Suite I need.
This is where I noticed a problem in that the manufacturer support has yet to catch up with what is actually available.
Basically hit smartphone then search for the G3 brings up nil phones. The G3 is not listed.

So, the question begs ~ which option did you select when downloading PC Suite?
.........I don't always get your questions right.... but you'll certainly know I've tried.

P.S. Many thanks for the Thanks votes. Thanks received are converted into a charitable donation.

wakibaci
Old
(Last edited by wakibaci; 27th June 2014 at 01:09 PM.) Reason: added link
Thanks Meter 7
I got the PC suite from LG's German site as the G3 model shows there.
Installed it and it updated its self.
Everything connected fine.

http://www.lg.com/de/support/pc-suite
The Following User Says Thank You to wakibaci For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Beards
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 879
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakibaci View Post
I got the PC suite from LG's German site as the G3 model shows there.
Installed it and it updated its self.
Everything connected fine.

http://www.lg.com/de/support/pc-suite
Appreciated.
Typical the UK site has nothing on the G3 support yet as you say the German site most definitely does.
.........I don't always get your questions right.... but you'll certainly know I've tried.

P.S. Many thanks for the Thanks votes. Thanks received are converted into a charitable donation.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Beards For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Beards
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 879
Anyone have any other links?
The one provided above is horrendously slow and cuts out after prolonged waiting.

Lennyuk
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1,420

DONATE TO ME
PC Suite now on UK site - http://www.lg.com/uk/support/pc-suite
I am some sort of dev and a writer for LandofDroid. I am also a member of HTC Elevate. Was a member of the now defunct "Team Villain" aka VillainRom.

Guide to Unroot LG G3 for OTA
Chromecast System UI Crash Fix

http://forum.xda-developers.com/signaturepics/sigpic2315688_1.gif

Device info:

Current: LG G3, Google LG Nexus 5, Chromecast, Acer C720 Chromebook
Retired: HTC One, Google LG Nexus 4, Google Asus Nexus 7 Samsung Galaxy Note II Samsung Galaxy S III, Advent Vega (Tablet), Samsung Galaxy S II, Samsung Galaxy S, HTC Desire Z, HTC Desire HD, HTC Desire, HTC Hero

www.lennyuk.co.uk
Twitter | Google+
Like what I do? help me have a coffee<----- This is a link
The Following User Says Thank You to Lennyuk For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Beards
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 879
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lennyuk View Post
PC Suite now on UK site - http://www.lg.com/uk/support/pc-suite
GOOD GRIEF...... And so it is.
You are not going to believe me but only early this morning I sent LG UK Support a stinking email asking them when they were going to find the time to add the G3.
Now obviously I have not heard back from them but it does seem rather a bit of a coincidence don't you agree!

Cheers for the update, I would not have gone back to the UK site.

Lennyuk
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1,420

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beards View Post
GOOD GRIEF...... And so it is.
You are not going to believe me but only early this morning I sent LG UK Support a stinking email asking them when they were going to find the time to add the G3.
Now obviously I have not heard back from them but it does seem rather a bit of a coincidence don't you agree!

Cheers for the update, I would not have gone back to the UK site.
I believe it is just a coincidence, remember LG brought the release date forward by a week at quite late notice, tomorrow was meant to be the actual release date.
I am some sort of dev and a writer for LandofDroid. I am also a member of HTC Elevate. Was a member of the now defunct "Team Villain" aka VillainRom.

Guide to Unroot LG G3 for OTA
Chromecast System UI Crash Fix

http://forum.xda-developers.com/signaturepics/sigpic2315688_1.gif

Device info:

Current: LG G3, Google LG Nexus 5, Chromecast, Acer C720 Chromebook
Retired: HTC One, Google LG Nexus 4, Google Asus Nexus 7 Samsung Galaxy Note II Samsung Galaxy S III, Advent Vega (Tablet), Samsung Galaxy S II, Samsung Galaxy S, HTC Desire Z, HTC Desire HD, HTC Desire, HTC Hero

www.lennyuk.co.uk
Twitter | Google+
Like what I do? help me have a coffee<----- This is a link

Beards
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 879
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lennyuk View Post
I believe it is just a coincidence, remember LG brought the release date forward by a week at quite late notice, tomorrow was meant to be the actual release date.
Oh I do not doubt you there one bit. Sometimes things coincide weirdly.

Interestingly, the server hosting this file is slow as well. Its been pushing it down constantly at 90k sec so I have quite a bit of a wait it seems.

Beards
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 879
Bu**er..... Having just downloaded it I find it's only for PC's.
I suppose the clue is in the name 'PC'.

So..... How do Mac users get around this?