[Q] htc one + in bootloop twrp installed but not backed up

OP crasha1

2nd February 2014, 12:24 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
HI,I was trying to get around at&t tether restrictions on an HOX + following the telephony.db edit method. this was not working and i thought it might be because the APN information in that file might not work as the phone is being used outside of the US, so i replaced the entire telephony.db file with one from an international version HOX.

Now the HOX+ is in a bootloop. it boots right to the home screen then gives a notice that "the process com.android.phone has stopped" and then restarts.

CID -cws__001
HBoot- 1.32.0000
the bootloader is unlocked
phone is rooted stock ROM android 4.1 sense 4
TWRP is installed but I didnt create a backup
I have a copy of the original telephony.db file.

how can I put back the original telephony.db file or what else can i do to fix this problem i am a complete noob

thanks for the suggestion AndroHero, much thanks to droids@m he gave me a link to an RUU that worked after id spent hours scouring the net and only seeing RUU's that didnt seem like they were for my phone.
i'm back on stock rom with at&t restrictions but at least i have a working phone....
(editing initial post because foroum keeps saying i cant post off my link what ever that means)
Last edited by crasha1; 2nd February 2014 at 11:30 PM. Reason: entered wrong lvalue
2nd February 2014, 11:16 PM   |  #2  
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 907

6,478 posts
More
You can use adb from recovery to push the original file. You might want to use the rm command to remove the new file before you push the original one though.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk
30th June 2014, 04:28 PM   |  #3  
Flag Barcelona
Thanks Meter: 2

16 posts
More
Can you provide the telephony.db from the HOX international?

I want to test a few things.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread