[Q] Google edition for I9505 - NOT rooted

OP planetf1

30th June 2014, 11:03 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 74

631 posts
Are there any google edition roms for the I9505 (touchwiz) that are as close to the I9505G as possible ie no customizations, rooting etc?

I'm currently running the latest touchwiz rom and currently unrooted due to issues with some corporate apps I need to use, sky go, some banking apps & now an app for three. Being able to root is getting more and more problematic.

I'm going to backup and try rooting, slimming the rom I'm on, and unrooting - though the last of these may be somewhat problematic especially with sky go. A friend suggested trying a google edition rom as a better slimmer starting point?

I had thought of taking one of these roms and unrooting of course, but just wondered if there was anything suitable already out there? 44.2 would be could enough, 4.4.4 even better. I did also hear though there may be some issues with the stock GE kernel=reboots?

Thanks
30th June 2014, 12:22 PM   |  #2  
Flag Netherlands
Thanks Meter: 268

1,821 posts
Any rom that is ported is rooted. Any custom rom is rooted. You can disable root though after you installed it.
30th June 2014, 04:39 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
More
[ROM][UPDATE][26/06] dandroid13's Untouched GPe - [4.4.4] [w/ KT kernel] [FINAL]
Quote:

...If you want root, flash SuperSU (link above)...

And you can give Stock Kernel a try ...
Last edited by kaweka; 30th June 2014 at 04:48 PM. Reason: correction plus kernel link
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread