Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,588 Members 47,403 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Extremely frustrating

Tip us?

WhiteEVO
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by lacoursiere18 View Post
Loved the look of that phone and I am not a HTC fan, but that phone looked good.. Contract is not up until next year and I think a move to a different carrier and phone manufacturer is in my future.. Just not sure what yet
I always liked the sense interface compared to TW, I've got till Jan, then I'm making a change. keep us posted on your choice L18, would love to run your ROMs!
The Following User Says Thank You to WhiteEVO For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tomnj1961
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcmy View Post
Little by little, Android is becoming iOS. Starting to get very annoyed with the limitations in recent updates. First we get permalocked if we accepted 4.3 OTA update. Now I found out in 4.4, Google has prevented write access to external storage?! And there's no way around it without root? SIGH. Not not only can I not root my phone, but I can't even write to my SD card without plugging it into my PC? What's next, take away our widgets and ability to change launcher/interface? What happened to the old philosophy of Android? It's OUR devices and we should be able to do what we damn well please with them.
A fix is in the works.
The Following User Says Thank You to tomnj1961 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MaxBuck
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyG123 View Post
You are not seeing the big picture. If you want phones that you can hack away at and are not secure there are plenty out there. Verizon and AT&T teaming up with Samsung have gone after large military and commercial contracts with these phones. Therefore they have made efforts to make them as secure as possible. You can thank all the hackers in the world pulling email and banking information off your phones for that. And you probably can throw in thanks for the locked bootloader to all those that returned their bricked phones under warranty.
As I said, you have choices, Nexus, HTC, developer's editions....etc. You just need to do a little research before buying.
None of the alternatives have the S-pen or any analogous stylus, which I regard as essential.

KennyG123
Old
RC-RT Committee / Senior Moderator / Spider-Mod
Thanks Meter 26,171

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxBuck View Post
None of the alternatives have the S-pen or any analogous stylus, which I regard as essential.
Then perhaps a carrier that does not lock bootloader like Sprint or T-Mobile?

Moderator Directory - - - FORUM RULES - - - Support Autism Awareness here

MaxBuck
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyG123 View Post
Then perhaps a carrier that does not lock bootloader like Sprint or T-Mobile?
Assuming I lived and traveled exclusively in areas where one of those carriers had a decent signal, that could be a good approach. Unfortunately that's not the case.