Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] Roaming when on Custom rom

57 posts
Thanks Meter: 5
By danman0, Member on 25th June 2014, 11:36 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
When I'm on stock (d80020k) 4.4.2 I get nearly excellent (4-5 bars) 4g data performance. However, when I try any custom rom, my bars always show "R" which I believe is roaming by them. I'm currently on Mahdi rom with the d800 patch. When I go back to stock using the twrp backup, everything works fine again. Can anyone help me as I'd really like to stay on a custom rom. My Sim card is for a T-Mobile mvno called lycamobile. My phone is unlocked so it should be working. I have a speculation that this might be because of my service provider.
26th June 2014, 08:26 PM |#2  
OP Member
No one wants to shed some light on this? This didn't work on jellybean and Kitkat, both being different devices on the same provider.
30th June 2014, 05:13 PM |#3  
OP Member
Update: My provider says that on some devices, it shows that it's roaming on it's own network, and for that reason, roaming is the same price as regular. However, I don't yet understand why it doesn't show roaming and works fine on stock, yet always, always roams on aosp/cm. However, I'm terribly confused why It roams on aosp/cm. I tried changing network operator to Lycamobile, still roaming. I found out that the roaming "R" is completely cosmetic, as I can make and receive calls, make and receive texts, and use data. Is there any mods to replace the R with like 4g lte or something? It really bugs me when I can't see the speed of data when I'm using it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Previous Thread Next Thread