Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,049 Members 39,381 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Looking for file: System/bin/ddexe

Tip us?

TheJAJ
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Looking for file: System/bin/ddexe

I'm currently running android 4.3 stock on a rooted Sprint GS3. I tried updating via the OTA but kept getting an "unexpected information found in system/bin/ddexe". Did some searching online and discovered I needed to rename system/bin/ddexe_real to ddexe and delete the current ddexe "dummy file". Long story short, I deleted the wrong file (ddexe_real). Just curious if someone with the Sprint version of the GS3 running stock 4.3 could send me the system/bin/ddexe_real file. Thanks in advance. I've searched everywhere for it.

roirraW "edor" ehT
Old
Thanks Meter 1335
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJAJ View Post
I'm currently running android 4.3 stock on a rooted Sprint GS3. I tried updating via the OTA but kept getting an "unexpected information found in system/bin/ddexe". Did some searching online and discovered I needed to rename system/bin/ddexe_real to ddexe and delete the current ddexe "dummy file". Long story short, I deleted the wrong file (ddexe_real). Just curious if someone with the Sprint version of the GS3 running stock 4.3 could send me the system/bin/ddexe_real file. Thanks in advance. I've searched everywhere for it.
Just extract it from Cnexus' odex stock rooted ROM or try dirty flashing that ROM.

If you have a custom recovery, the OTA will never succeed in upgrading your phone.

[BATTERY] Plasma Battery! 🆕🆒🆓 & wickeddecimalbarwide_colors

Charging still shot

n00b-xda-disciple's Wicked X Video review

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy SIII on TouchWiz 4.4.2 with Conquest: Singularity v2.2, Ktoonsez' latest kernel and the latest Philz Touch Recovery.

jdsingle76
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2777
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJAJ View Post
You have to be 100% stock to run the OTA. If you're rooted, it means you have custom recovery, yes? I haven't heard of the ddexe, but have heard of the OTA failing because of root/CWM. If you're rooted, and don't care about knox, and want the latest, just flash the tar through Odin, and call it a day That's what I'd do, and it would make life SO much easier than trying to change files in bin...good luck!
The Following User Says Thank You to jdsingle76 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]