Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,482 Members 53,843 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to downgrade to 4.1.1 from 4.3 Galaxy S3 SGH-I747M

Tip us?

amirsamdani
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by audit13 View Post
Did your phone have the 4.3 bootloader before downgrading to 4.1.1? It was my understanding that you cannot downgrade the 4.3 bootloader.
+1

pinter83
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Something tells me I didn't have the 4.3 bootloader if you're all asking about it. How do I tell?

Sinyk
Old
Thanks Meter 0
If I have already done the free unlock in the past and since upgraded to 4.3, but now I want to downgrade because 4.3 is terrible, will I lose the unlock that I already applied?

audit13
Old
Thanks Meter 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinter83 View Post
Something tells me I didn't have the 4.3 bootloader if you're all asking about it. How do I tell?
Boot into download mode. If you see something about warranty bit, you had the 4.3 bootloader.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinyk View Post
If I have already done the free unlock in the past and since upgraded to 4.3, but now I want to downgrade because 4.3 is terrible, will I lose the unlock that I already applied?
Do you have the stock 4.3 bootloader on your phone? If you do, you cannot roll back to an earlier ROM as 4.1.1 and 4.1.2 modems don't work on the 4.3 bootloader.

pinter83
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by audit13 View Post
Boot into download mode. If you see something about warranty bit, you had the 4.3 bootloader.
Do you have the stock 4.3 bootloader on your phone? If you do, you cannot roll back to an earlier ROM as 4.1.1 and 4.1.2 modems don't work on the 4.3 bootloader.
Oh ok I get it. I do not have the 4.3 bootloader then. I was wondering why people were having issues when I could do it without issue. Thanks for clearing this up for me

imevilbob
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I tried this tut and it didn't work and made no sence any way some on could make a video on downgrading

audit13
Old
Thanks Meter 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by imevilbob View Post
I tried this tut and it didn't work and made no sence any way some on could make a video on downgrading
You tried unlocking the phone using the menu options or downgrading the bootloader? If you have the 4.3 bootloader, you cannot use the free method to unlock the phone.

santij07
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenca View Post
Yes I flashed stock 4.1.1 from samfirmware following instructions exactly....I successfully get to 4.1.1 BUT with NO IMEI on my phone and no way to restore it with EFS pro.....it claims the restore works but it never does...
I had to flash 4.3 from samfirmware back to my phone and my imei came back thankfully! Than I had to get it out of factory mode back into user mode...what a mess....I do not reccommend anyone try this unless you find another way besides EFS pro to backup your info and restore it on 4.1.1 because that program sure did not even tho it said success over and over.....reboots - battery pulls nothing helped!
Strange thing , no matter how many times i flash 4.3 with odin I never get knox back...where did it go that it cannot show up anymore? lol
You need the NON-HLOS.bin from stockrom 4.3 to have imei and network because the bootloader is 4.3, I explain that in the first post, just flash the NON-HLOS.bin from 4.3.

amirsamdani
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by santij07 View Post
You need the NON-HLOS.bin from stockrom 4.3 to have imei and network because the bootloader is 4.3, I explain that in the first post, just flash the NON-HLOS.bin from 4.3.
After flashing from 4.3 to 4.1.1 were you able to unlock the phone without having IMEI number?

santij07
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by amirsamdani View Post
After flashing from 4.3 to 4.1.1 were you able to unlock the phone without having IMEI number?
I dont test it, but if someone want to try and let it know to us will be apreciate.