Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] 4.4.2 NC5 Verizon Deleted OS

OP rhcp17

30th June 2014, 12:19 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Hi, this is my first post. Anyways, I was messing around trying to get a custom rom on safestrap, when I accidentally deleted all of my system data resulting in an os uninstallation. The phone will boot into download mode but not much else. Also, it will not boot into recovery. I have been trying to flash the firmware for days and nothing is working. I'm honestly not sure if im flashing the right firmware or PIT file. So basically, I need to reinstall the entire OS and am not having any luck. What do I do?
Thanks!
30th June 2014, 01:22 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Springfield, Ma
Thanks Meter: 2,110

3,982 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhcp17

Hi, this is my first post. Anyways, I was messing around trying to get a custom rom on safestrap, when I accidentally deleted all of my system data resulting in an os uninstallation. The phone will boot into download mode but not much else. Also, it will not boot into recovery. I have been trying to flash the firmware for days and nothing is working. I'm honestly not sure if im flashing the right firmware or PIT file. So basically, I need to reinstall the entire OS and am not having any luck. What do I do?
Thanks!

What build was your phone on prior to it getting bricked?!

I'd suggest using a Full Wipe Odin image in this case.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 07:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:19 AM ----------

Here's a link to all the Odin images you'd need. NC5 ( Kit Kat ) and MK2 & MJ7 ( Jellybean )
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=52279353

Again I'd suggest the Full Wipe

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
30th June 2014, 01:58 PM   |  #3  
Flag Decatur
Thanks Meter: 827

2,437 posts
Quote:

Hi, this is my first post. Anyways, I was messing around trying to get a custom rom on safestrap, whend I accidentally deleted all of my system data resulting in an os uninstallation. The phone will boot into download mode but not much else. Also, it will not boot into recovery. I have been trying to flash the firmware for days and nothing is working. I'm honestly not sure if im flashing the right firmware or PIT file. So basically, I need to reinstall the entire OS and am not having any luck. What do I do?
Thanks!

Full wipe Odin is your best bet.

sent via safestrap 3.72 and echo v25.1! !
30th June 2014, 07:20 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
I have no idea what build it was on to be honest. I forgot mostly everything about the phone. All I know is that I downloaded the latest OTA update before the brick. I will attempt the Full-wipe. Thanks guys.
30th June 2014, 07:27 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 25

127 posts
More
Quote:

I have no idea what build it was on to be honest. I forgot mostly everything about the phone. All I know is that I downloaded the latest OTA update before the brick. I will attempt the Full-wipe. Thanks guys.

Goodluck!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread