Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,550 Members 51,692 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] need help finding launcher

Tip us?

etienne4477
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] need help finding launcher

Right now I'm currently running nova launcher on a new note 3. Unfortunately I dont like the launcher other then the fact that I can adjust the grid size (5 apps down) and that I can change the icon theme. Other then that I don't like it as much as the stock touchwhiz. I'm wondering if anybody knows a plain launcher that just leaves everything running as stock except for grid customization and if possible icon themes. Thanks!

ShadowLea
Old
Thanks Meter 737
Nova, as well as Apex, are Vanilla Android launchers. They stick closest to the Stock Android experience. As plain as they get.

What you're looking for is a Touchwiz inspired launcher. (About as far from plain Stock Android as you can get.) Try S Launcher or Galaxy Launcher.
SM-N9005 International Galaxy Note 3, DBT NB7 Stock
SM-G900F International Galaxy S5, PHN NCE Stock
SM-P905 NotePro 12.2 LTE Black, DBT NC3 Stock

The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it. –Chinese Proverb

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

The simplest solutions are often the cleverest. They are also usually wrong.

hey_joe
Old
Thanks Meter 305
Quote:
Originally Posted by etienne4477 View Post
Right now I'm currently running nova launcher on a new note 3. Unfortunately I dont like the launcher other then the fact that I can adjust the grid size (5 apps down) and that I can change the icon theme. Other then that I don't like it as much as the stock touchwhiz. I'm wondering if anybody knows a plain launcher that just leaves everything running as stock except for grid customization and if possible icon themes. Thanks!
Try Yahoos's Aviate or Terrain Home.

MystaMagoo
Old
Thanks Meter 74
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...er.trial&hl=en
SG Note 3

Stock JB 4.3

etienne4477
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowLea View Post
Nova, as well as Apex, are Vanilla Android launchers. They stick closest to the Stock Android experience. As plain as they get.

What you're looking for is a Touchwiz inspired launcher. (About as far from plain Stock Android as you can get.) Try S Launcher or Galaxy Launcher.
Yeah I apologize I got the wording flipped from stock and touchwhiz, but the galaxy launcher is exactly what I was lookinh for, thanks for the help!