Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,970 Members 49,000 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q]

Tip us?

mudflap2.0
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default [Q]

Is there any way to partition swap on nd8(4.4) on my old victory which ran 4.1 you could any way that would work if I flashed it? Or would my phone brick? Any input appreciated!

roirraW "edor" ehT
Old
Thanks Meter 1317
Hi! I'm not sure what you're asking. Do you mean to give your phone a swap partition? If so, that would be done by partitioning your SD card after backing up your SD card contents first.

If you were asking if you could flash a ROM made for a different phone in this phone, no you don't want to do that, it would probably brick and even if not it just wouldn't work.

[BATTERY] Plasma Battery! 🆕🆒🆓 & wickeddecimalbarwide_colors

Charging still shot

n00b-xda-disciple's Wicked X Video review

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy SIII on TouchWiz 4.4.2 with Conquest: Singularity v2.2, Ktoonsez' latest kernel and the latest Philz Touch Recovery.

jdsingle76
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2773
Quote:
Originally Posted by roirraW "edor" ehT View Post
Hi! I'm not sure what you're asking. Do you mean to give your phone a swap partition? If so, that would be done by partitioning your SD card after backing up your SD card contents first.

If you were asking if you could flash a ROM made for a different phone in this phone, no you don't want to do that, it would probably brick and even if not it just wouldn't work.

[BATTERY] Plasma Battery! ������ & wickeddecimalbarwide_colors

Charging still shot

n00b-xda-disciple's Wicked X Video review

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy SIII on TouchWiz 4.4.2 with Conquest: Singularity v2.2, Ktoonsez' latest kernel and the latest Philz Touch Recovery.
I think he is asking if the latest ND8 for Sprint S3 will work for the victory by swapping partitions. The answer is NO, it will not. If you want to port the rom, you'd first need a working KK build from the victory. KK roms are loaded with Knox, and porting them is a nightmare unless you have almost identical roms, with limited differences except the framework-res, libs, etc....
The Following User Says Thank You to jdsingle76 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]