Set Tasker to reboot when sim drops out

OP jadajada

29th June 2014, 04:50 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 17

179 posts
I have a strange problem where the sim drops out from time to time. I get a message that tells me to reboot. Problem is, when this happens in my pocket or if the phone is not in use, it can take some time before I see it and reboot the phone.

I have seen that someone uses Tasker for this purpose.

Can someone tell me how to set up Tasker to reboot the phone when %SIMSTATE changes? Do I need root for that?
29th June 2014, 10:20 PM   |  #2  
Flag England
Thanks Meter: 19

146 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadajada

I have a strange problem where the sim drops out from time to time. I get a message that tells me to reboot. Problem is, when this happens in my pocket or if the phone is not in use, it can take some time before I see it and reboot the phone.

I have seen that someone uses Tasker for this purpose.

Can someone tell me how to set up Tasker to reboot the phone when %SIMSTATE changes? Do I need root for that?

Tasker's reboot action probably needs root. The problem with the %SIMSTATE variable is that it isn't dynamic (monitored) so you can't set it so it triggers on variable value. You can set it so it checks it every 2 minutes instead and reboot if the SIM is not available.

Profile: CheckSIM (171)
Time: From 00:00 every 2m Till 23:59
Enter: RebootNoSIM (170)
A1: If [ %SIMSTATE ~ absent ]
A2: Flash [ Text:No SIM. Rebooting in 60 seconds... Long:,Off ]
A3: Wait [ MS:0 Seconds:0 Minutes:1 Hours:0 Days:0 ]
A4: Reboot [ Type:Normal ]
A5: End If
The Following User Says Thank You to vpwrf For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th June 2014, 12:19 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

179 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vpwrf

Tasker's reboot action probably needs root. The problem with the %SIMSTATE variable is that it isn't dynamic (monitored) so you can't set it so it triggers on variable value. You can set it so it checks it every 2 minutes instead and reboot if the SIM is not available.

Profile: CheckSIM (171)
Time: From 00:00 every 2m Till 23:59
Enter: RebootNoSIM (170)
A1: If [ %SIMSTATE ~ absent ]
A2: Flash [ Text:No SIM. Rebooting in 60 seconds... Long:,Off ]
A3: Wait [ MS:0 Seconds:0 Minutes:1 Hours:0 Days:0 ]
A4: Reboot [ Type:Normal ]
A5: End If

Thanks! This works just like I wanted it to!
30th June 2014, 04:46 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

179 posts
Quote:

Thanks! This works just like I wanted it to!

Hmm... I flashed another rom, Imperium ROM V 7, and I am testing without any sim entered. After two minutes I get the notification that no sim is in the phone, and that it will reboot.

At reboot-time, I see that Tasker as been granted permission by SuperSU, but nothing happens.

I see that Imperium has reboot option where I can chose , reboot, fast reboot, recovery or download. Could that menu interfere with the reboot command? How can I get Tasker to reboot the phone as instructed?
30th June 2014, 08:37 PM   |  #5  
Flag England
Thanks Meter: 19

146 posts
More
Quote:

Hmm... I flashed another rom, Imperium ROM V 7, and I am testing without any sim entered. After two minutes I get the notification that no sim is in the phone, and that it will reboot.

At reboot-time, I see that Tasker as been granted permission by SuperSU, but nothing happens.

I see that Imperium has reboot option where I can chose , reboot, fast reboot, recovery or download. Could that menu interfere with the reboot command? How can I get Tasker to reboot the phone as instructed?

Try using the Secure Settings plugin for Tasker. It also has reboot options. Pro version may be needed.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread