Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,035 Members 41,669 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Set Tasker to reboot when sim drops out

Tip us?

jadajada
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Default Set Tasker to reboot when sim drops out

I have a strange problem where the sim drops out from time to time. I get a message that tells me to reboot. Problem is, when this happens in my pocket or if the phone is not in use, it can take some time before I see it and reboot the phone.

I have seen that someone uses Tasker for this purpose.

Can someone tell me how to set up Tasker to reboot the phone when %SIMSTATE changes? Do I need root for that?

vpwrf
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadajada View Post
I have a strange problem where the sim drops out from time to time. I get a message that tells me to reboot. Problem is, when this happens in my pocket or if the phone is not in use, it can take some time before I see it and reboot the phone.

I have seen that someone uses Tasker for this purpose.

Can someone tell me how to set up Tasker to reboot the phone when %SIMSTATE changes? Do I need root for that?
Tasker's reboot action probably needs root. The problem with the %SIMSTATE variable is that it isn't dynamic (monitored) so you can't set it so it triggers on variable value. You can set it so it checks it every 2 minutes instead and reboot if the SIM is not available.

Profile: CheckSIM (171)
Time: From 00:00 every 2m Till 23:59
Enter: RebootNoSIM (170)
A1: If [ %SIMSTATE ~ absent ]
A2: Flash [ Text:No SIM. Rebooting in 60 seconds... Long:,Off ]
A3: Wait [ MS:0 Seconds:0 Minutes:1 Hours:0 Days:0 ]
A4: Reboot [ Type:Normal ]
A5: End If
GT-I9505

Rom: Stock rooted
Android version: 4.2.2
Firmware: I9505XXUBMGA
Mod: Jkay Deluxe (Framework: MGA v0.5.2 App: v0.5.2)
The Following User Says Thank You to vpwrf For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jadajada
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by vpwrf View Post
Tasker's reboot action probably needs root. The problem with the %SIMSTATE variable is that it isn't dynamic (monitored) so you can't set it so it triggers on variable value. You can set it so it checks it every 2 minutes instead and reboot if the SIM is not available.

Profile: CheckSIM (171)
Time: From 00:00 every 2m Till 23:59
Enter: RebootNoSIM (170)
A1: If [ %SIMSTATE ~ absent ]
A2: Flash [ Text:No SIM. Rebooting in 60 seconds... Long:,Off ]
A3: Wait [ MS:0 Seconds:0 Minutes:1 Hours:0 Days:0 ]
A4: Reboot [ Type:Normal ]
A5: End If
Thanks! This works just like I wanted it to!

jadajada
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Thanks! This works just like I wanted it to!
Hmm... I flashed another rom, Imperium ROM V 7, and I am testing without any sim entered. After two minutes I get the notification that no sim is in the phone, and that it will reboot.

At reboot-time, I see that Tasker as been granted permission by SuperSU, but nothing happens.

I see that Imperium has reboot option where I can chose , reboot, fast reboot, recovery or download. Could that menu interfere with the reboot command? How can I get Tasker to reboot the phone as instructed?

vpwrf
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Hmm... I flashed another rom, Imperium ROM V 7, and I am testing without any sim entered. After two minutes I get the notification that no sim is in the phone, and that it will reboot.

At reboot-time, I see that Tasker as been granted permission by SuperSU, but nothing happens.

I see that Imperium has reboot option where I can chose , reboot, fast reboot, recovery or download. Could that menu interfere with the reboot command? How can I get Tasker to reboot the phone as instructed?
Try using the Secure Settings plugin for Tasker. It also has reboot options. Pro version may be needed.
GT-I9505

Rom: Stock rooted
Android version: 4.2.2
Firmware: I9505XXUBMGA
Mod: Jkay Deluxe (Framework: MGA v0.5.2 App: v0.5.2)