Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,266 Members 40,512 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How do I know what custom roms are compatible with my phone.

Tip us?

Obaidur Rahm
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] How do I know what custom roms are compatible with my phone.

how do i know which custom roms are compatible with my phone i have the samsung galaxy note 3 and i want to know if i download a zip file for a custom rom does the baseband version have to be the same as mine. Or does it only have to have the same Android version. I would be grateful if anyone can help me. Thanks.

vndnguyen
Old
Thanks Meter 618

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obaidur Rahm View Post
how do i know which custom roms are compatible with my phone i have the samsung galaxy note 3 and i want to know if i download a zip file for a custom rom does the baseband version have to be the same as mine. Or does it only have to have the same Android version. I would be grateful if anyone can help me. Thanks.
Can't tell you exactly but it depends on custom rom.

The safe approach is getting to know the correct info about your device (using 'Phone INFO ★Samsung★' app), and then search for a right rom or you can ask in the developer's thread if it is compatible for your device.

IzArsha
Old
Thanks Meter 621

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obaidur Rahm View Post
Easy.

1) Where did you download your rom?
2) At what thread?
3) Does it mention for your phone model ex N9005 or others?
4) At the thread you downloaded the rom again, there are search button and use it to find either it can be use on your phone or not.

Sent from Hacker OS
If I do help, don't forget to press thanks.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9005 32GB White/Black
[My own KitKat Custom Rom (IzArsha Mark 7 Android EvolutionX)] ◄/► [MIUI V5 N9005]
SneakyKat_Rev3.2
► = Awesome Battery Life
The Following User Says Thank You to IzArsha For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Obaidur Rahm
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Is this rom compatible with my samsung galaxy note 3 sm n9005.