Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,145 Members 42,087 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Upgrading to KitKat without AT&T Sim?

Tip us?

mrh4ck
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Phone [Q] Upgrading to KitKat without AT&T Sim?

I just got a D800, unlocked it and it works fine with my service provider. I was trying to do the update to get it to KitKat, as its currently on JB, but when I try it tells me im not registered to the network, obviously because I don't use AT&T. What are my options to get this to update to KitKat?

I would prefer to keep the phone as stock as possible, although I am not unfamiliar with rooting and flashing custom roms, but wouldnt mind removing the stupid bloatware that came with the phone.

Any advice?

Thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to mrh4ck For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

SuperSport
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 429

DONATE TO ME
I've responded to your Private Message, but thought I'd repost the info here for anyone reading this in the future.

You can use my files HERE and follow the video tutorial to put Stock ATT KitKat on your phone. You do NOT need to be Rooted, nor do you need to have the ATT Sim installed, or be on the ATT Network. It will work wherever you are located in the world, provided you can download the LARGE files needed. Again, it will be STOCK ATT ROM, so you will need to figure out your network settings.

After installing this ROM, you can use ioroot to Root your device so you can remove the ATT bloatware if you prefer.
Tablet: Lenovo IdeaPad Lynx w Win Blue
Current: Nokia Lumia 1020
MediaFire Share - Mostly Windows Mobile
MEGA Share - Mostly Android
Disclaimer: By using any Files, Packages, Cabs, ROMs, Knowledge, etc, that I share, you are doing so at your own risk. Go Ahead, Live on the Edge!

53 75 70 65 72 53 70 6f 72 74 HEX

mrh4ck
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSport View Post
I've responded to your Private Message, but thought I'd repost the info here for anyone reading this in the future.

You can use my files HERE and follow the video tutorial to put Stock ATT KitKat on your phone. You do NOT need to be Rooted, nor do you need to have the ATT Sim installed, or be on the ATT Network. It will work wherever you are located in the world, provided you can download the LARGE files needed. Again, it will be STOCK ATT ROM, so you will need to figure out your network settings.

After installing this ROM, you can use ioroot to Root your device so you can remove the ATT bloatware if you prefer.
Thanks for your help, worked like a charm!!
The Following User Says Thank You to mrh4ck For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]