Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Kitkat to 4.3

OP Skunk Ape1

29th June 2014, 06:13 PM   |  #1  
Skunk Ape1's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor / Recognized Themer
Flag Killeen
Thanks Meter: 4,999
 
3,442 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
Donate to Me
Ok, I've been away for quite awhile and was wondering if a way to go back to 4.3 from 4.4 was found yet. I was forced into 4.4 due to it coming preloaded on my replacement phone. I have tried the many 4.4 roms available and just don't like 4.4. Being stuck with it is unacceptable.

If I can't find a way out of kitkat I may have to take the drastic and unwanted leap and trade my gn3 for a gn2.

Thanks...
29th June 2014, 07:28 PM   |  #2  
micmars's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Tampa Bay
Thanks Meter: 10,528
 
5,993 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skunk Ape1

Ok, I've been away for quite awhile and was wondering if a way to go back to 4.3 from 4.4 was found yet. I was forced into 4.4 due to it coming preloaded on my replacement phone. I have tried the many 4.4 roms available and just don't like 4.4. Being stuck with it is unacceptable.

If I can't find a way out of kitkat I may have to take the drastic and unwanted leap and trade my gn3 for a gn2.

Thanks...

None of which I'm aware.

Why don't you just install a DeOdex rom with root, and put a decent looking theme on there?

You'll at least have 2x the hardware and updated operating system (yeah, I know you want 4.3 back, but that will soon be two operating systems old).

Either way, I wish you all the best.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
29th June 2014, 07:35 PM   |  #3  
Skunk Ape1's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor / Recognized Themer
Flag Killeen
Thanks Meter: 4,999
 
3,442 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by micmars

None of which I'm aware.

Why don't you just install a DeOdex rom with root, and put a decent looking theme on there?

You'll at least have 2x the hardware and updated operating system (yeah, I know you want 4.3 back, but that will soon be two operating systems old).

Either way, I wish you all the best.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Going to perhaps start bringing a theme to 4.4 shortly.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Skunk Ape1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th June 2014, 02:16 AM   |  #4  
micmars's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Tampa Bay
Thanks Meter: 10,528
 
5,993 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skunk Ape1

Going to perhaps start bringing a theme to 4.4 shortly.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

That's wonderful news. I know there are many that will be very pleased to hear this.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to micmars For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th June 2014, 09:37 PM   |  #5  
topherk's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 466
 
736 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skunk Ape1

Going to perhaps start bringing a theme to 4.4 shortly.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

I loved your themes back on the Galaxy S3, would love to see what you can come up with when you have a little more screen real estate. Welcome!
The Following User Says Thank You to topherk For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th June 2014, 09:53 PM   |  #6  
Skunk Ape1's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor / Recognized Themer
Flag Killeen
Thanks Meter: 4,999
 
3,442 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
Donate to Me
Lol. I have a themed Rom and 3 additional themes for both the note 2 and note 3. However it's for 4.3 and not 4.4. That's why I wanted to go back to 4.3. Check out the thread for toxic swamp in the gn3 development forum. That's kind of what I'll be doing.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Skunk Ape1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th June 2014, 09:55 PM   |  #7  
topherk's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 466
 
736 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skunk Ape1

Going to perhaps start bringing a theme to 4.4 shortly.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skunk Ape1

Lol. I have a themed Rom and 3 additional themes for both the note 2 and note 3. However it's for 4.3 and not 4.4. That's why I wanted to go back to 4.3. Check out the thread for toxic swamp in the gn3 development forum. That's kind of what I'll be doing.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

Haha, oops... I haven't been much into the themed ROMs/theming on the Note 3, so I didn't notice... Anyways, glad to see your work on here!

The Following User Says Thank You to topherk For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes