Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,990 Members 37,074 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Got any suggestions for this homescreen?

Tip us?

paradoxiumwind
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 95
Question [Q] Got any suggestions for this homescreen?

Based on: http://mycolorscreen.com/2013/10/18/google-ui-13/

Screenshots here: https://imgur.com/a/u6yML#2

I'm quite happy with the 'Home' page, and the 'Google' page, but I'm not sure entirely how to go about doing the apps page.

I was thinking of doing it all with zooper widget (like the google page - none of those are actual icons, it's all zooper widget.) in order to position things properly, because the launcher grid doesn't allow actual icons to be placed in appropriate positions.

I need some music controls somewhere too - maybe at the bottom of the google page, or the apps page if I split the rectangle background?

Also, I'm thinking of swapping the position of the top 'navbars' and the bottom searchbar, so that I can have a persistent google search (which only displays on the top with no option to place it on the bottom (Nova Launcher). This would require changing the wallpaper background to have the zooper widget search box as part of the background, with the actual search widget on top of it, unless there's a way to have the search zooper widget act/behave exactly like the google search bar?

I plan to release the files when done if anyone is interested

Lock screen is temporary until I figure out what to do with that - ideas/suggestions?

Thanks in advance guys.
Replying to me? Quote my post so I get a notification please - thanks!
Nexus 5 32gb - [4.4.4] SlimKat 7.2.1 [6090] [WEEKLY] / ElementalX-N5-1.04 / TWRP v2.7.1.1 Holofied Recovery

lydonw
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxiumwind View Post
I need some music controls somewhere too - maybe at the bottom of the google page, or the apps page if I split the rectangle background?
With a layout as clean as you have now, I would be concerned that putting in music controls would complicate things unnecessarily. You might consider hiding the music controls using popup widget 2, or something similar. This would allow you to have music controls at the touch of a button, but not persistent (so that if you aren't listening to music they aren't in the way).
Tags
criticism, google ui, holo cards, improvements, suggestions