Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,606 Members 49,075 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] UK D855 model overheating?

Tip us?

jusumgeezer
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Question [Q] UK D855 model overheating?

Hi.
I've had the D855 model from 3UK since Thursday I am noticing that the phone gets very hot at the top on the back around the camera and button area. This is not even through particularly heavy use either. I've not ran games or watched any video on it yet. Whilst typing this post for example with no other apps open I can feel this area is really hot.
I've had other phones that have gotten warm after gaming etc. But this is bloody ridiculous
I have also just switched to ART & after the phone rebooted there was 200 apps to optimise & the handset was burning up.
Doesn't seem to be coming from the battery though which seems to be lower down.
Anyone else had this problem?

GoldfishTX
Old
Thanks Meter 21
I haven't had this issue at all, but I haven't loaded it up with a bunch of stuff yet. It sounds like you have a runaway program of some sort. I have used my phone for very long periods of time without interruption and haven't experienced any heat that's more than my Note 3. I'd unload everything and add things one at a time, or check your memory usage and see if you have anything that's taking far more than it should.

Lennyuk
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1,419

DONATE TO ME
My phone gets warm in that area but nothing that has concerned me yet, but it's usually when I have had the screen on for a lengthy period of time.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
I am some sort of dev and a writer for LandofDroid. I am also a member of HTC Elevate. Was a member of the now defunct "Team Villain" aka VillainRom.

Guide to Unroot LG G3 for OTA
Chromecast System UI Crash Fix

http://forum.xda-developers.com/signaturepics/sigpic2315688_1.gif

Device info:

Current: LG G3, Google LG Nexus 5, Chromecast, Acer C720 Chromebook
Retired: HTC One, Google LG Nexus 4, Google Asus Nexus 7 Samsung Galaxy Note II Samsung Galaxy S III, Advent Vega (Tablet), Samsung Galaxy S II, Samsung Galaxy S, HTC Desire Z, HTC Desire HD, HTC Desire, HTC Hero

www.lennyuk.co.uk
Twitter | Google+
Like what I do? help me have a coffee<----- This is a link

radeonxt
Old
Thanks Meter 270
brightness set at ?
The FATHER'S message to his disciples - Leave my elevator alone!

jusumgeezer
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
I've not really loaded it up with apps. Just google stuff, bbci player, Chromecast (not working) Im gonna try removing stuff & see if it makes any diference .Screen brightness is set to 40% auto brightness ticked.
Is there a recommended app to monitor rogue apps or wakelocks?
I've also just had it charging for about 2 hours on the official plug & its red hot again.

Old
Thanks Meter 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by jusumgeezer View Post
I've not really loaded it up with apps. Just google stuff, bbci player, Chromecast (not working) Im gonna try removing stuff & see if it makes any diference .Screen brightness is set to 40% auto brightness ticked.
Is there a recommended app to monitor rogue apps or wakelocks?
I've also just had it charging for about 2 hours on the official plug & its red hot again.
BetterBatteryStats is good to monitor wakelocks ect..... debloating you're phone should help a bit too, I made a list of things i've done away with if it helps you

Find it here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2800293

sure there will be more than that that can be removed, hopefully others will test and contribute soon It should help you get a good start tho. Good Luck
Device: LG G3 DS855
ROM: Stock Rooted by Towelroot
Kernel: Stock

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 8010
ROM: Stock 4.4.2 Rooted + Mods
Kernel: Stock
Tags
heat, hot, overheating