Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,829 Members 42,533 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] what do you think is after pebble steel?

Tip us?

athankar75
Old
Thanks Meter 32
I just got my new silver pebble. It is very beautiful and first of all is a watch and not a complex device. My only problem till now it is that does not support greek language and the most letters showing as boxes. I hope a new firmware fix this...

kondii
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by athankar75 View Post
I just got my new silver pebble. It is very beautiful and first of all is a watch and not a complex device. My only problem till now it is that does not support greek language and the most letters showing as boxes. I hope a new firmware fix this...
try pebblebits
The Following User Says Thank You to kondii For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

athankar75
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Yes, pebblebits working just fine, no more squares...

logitechor
Old
Thanks Meter 39
I recently got the Pebble. I use it for Fitness. I use it for Music control. And notifications. I have say I am impressed. The connection issue is improving for me. The screen functional but for sure not beautiful. I hope at some point for future devices the engineers figure out how to have nice looking screens with good battery life. And someway of making the watch useful when the phone is not right there. We may be a few generations away though.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium HD app

xukaiteo
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by logitechor View Post
I recently got the Pebble. I use it for Fitness. I use it for Music control. And notifications. I have say I am impressed. The connection issue is improving for me. The screen functional but for sure not beautiful. I hope at some point for future devices the engineers figure out how to have nice looking screens with good battery life. And someway of making the watch useful when the phone is not right there. We may be a few generations away though.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium HD app
Maybe they can use Qualcomm's Mirasol display.
The Following User Says Thank You to xukaiteo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

redadz
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Yes, higher res, always-on screen is my biggest desire for a new pebble. Ideally color, and I think mirasol would be a great option.

Keep the buttons; I absolutely do not want a touch screen. And better built in apps would be nice: timer / stop watch / single shot alarms, "nag" notifications that buzz every 5 minutes until dismissed.

Voice input to Google now would be nice but not that important to me. My phone does that already.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

superflybribri
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I would be curious to know if it is possible for them to come out with an Android Wear watch running on the E-Ink display. Kinda taking the best of both worlds. I think that the development community has been great for Pebble so far but I am pretty sure Android Wear will be catching up really quick to surpass it. But one of the features that I love about my Pebble is that the battery life is great and always on. So if there is a way it would be a neat idea to kinda bridge the gap instead of trying to compete. They would also be offering something that any of the Android Wear devices we have seen so far. Just a thought.