Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,784,382 Members 46,168 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Anyone NOT using a screen pritector?

Tip us?

sosimple
Old
Thanks Meter 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupremeJaguar View Post
for me, a screen protector is a must. If you can spend hundreds on a phone like this, then why can't you spend a little more on a screen protector?
Because screen touch feels better without a screen protector maybe?...

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Little Bigboy
Old
Thanks Meter 152
No case + screen protector crew checking in

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

GeneralMills777
Old
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Had none on my Galaxy Nexus and it was terrible near the end of it's life. My Moto X had none and it was beautiful. None on my G2 for the first week and it seems awesome so far.

iisshaun
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralMills777 View Post
Had none on my Galaxy Nexus and it was terrible near the end of it's life. My Moto X had none and it was beautiful. None on my G2 for the first week and it seems awesome so far.
The GNex has some other type of tempered glass (DragonTail?). It was softer than Gorilla Glass, and made it more susceptible to scratching but a little bit less prone to smashing. I never use a case or screen protector on any of my phones and the Galaxy Nexus was the only one to ever get scratches that you could see and feel (Everything else has little micro-scratches that can only be seen at specific angles). The GNex was the only phone I've dropped too, and it was on concrete right at the corner too. The screen was fine but the plastic body had to be replaced ($20, good as new).

So yeah, Gorilla Glass is fine without a protector, unless you mistreat your device.
Current Devices:
iPhone 5s
LG G2
iPad mini

Previous Devices:
HTC One M7
Nexus 4
Xperia Tablet Z
Nexus 4
Nexus 7 2012
Galaxy Nexus
1st Gen iPad
4th Gen iPod touch
2nd Gen iPod touch

Moppusan
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by iisshaun View Post
So yeah, Gorilla Glass is fine without a protector, unless you mistreat your device.
From an iPod Touch 4G to an iPhone 4 to my LG G2 I agree. Never once scratched my screen, even after accidentally putting my keys in the same pocket.

Now, when I used my vibrating plate hand sander, that's a different story. Especially 150 grit. Yikes. HA can you imagine? I'd never do that to my one true love: my LG G2 (don't tell my wife).

rebar71
Old
Thanks Meter 80
no screen protector, no scratches - 9 months. my phone never goes in the same pocket with my keys. i do use a slim case - Tudia Melody. the case has a big enough lip around the edges that i can put the phone face down without the screen making contact with the surface it's resting on.

azokaei
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I haven't used a screen protector since i got the phone 4months ago and still no scratches

player911
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 903

DONATE TO ME
I used one on my G2 for a while but it got scratches that started driving me crazy but I haven't put one on my new replacement. Hasn't been long yet but looks fine.

Probably will put one back on if I have a spare.

Sent from my VS980 4G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
LG G2 - Modded Stock
Nexus 7 FHD - Jelly Bean 4.4.2 [CM Kang Banged]
HTC Touch Pro►HTC Touch Diamond 2►Nexus One►LG G2x►HTC Rezound►Galaxy NexusLG G2!
iPad►iPad2►Asus TransformerGalaxy Tab 7 [CM10]Nook►Nook TabletNexus 7Nexus 7 FHD!

[Site Owner] MiiWiiChat.com - Free Chat for your Wii
[Site Owner] SnapSite Admins.com - Free Custom Website

Like what I do? - Donations welcome or hit the Thanks button!