[ODIN][UCLB3] AT&T 2.3.6 Gingerbread with root and CWM recovery option - Infuse 4g

OP jscott30

11th April 2014, 01:42 PM   |  #311  
Flag Baltimore
Thanks Meter: 95

373 posts
More
Not sure why, but I'm getting AT&T boot loop. Didn't skip step 4, but even went back and wiped data, and cache again. Still boot loops. Tried wiping again, this time including dalvik cache and battery stats...Still loops. One more time, and fixed permissions... loops. The upside is that I have a card reader and can put a rom on a card and flash from the working cwm included in this Odin package

Sent from my LG-LS980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 02:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jscott30

Hi all. After realizing how often I have access to Wifi at work, at home, and even around town, I sold my SGS3 and did something that has worked out great. I picked up a cheap flip phone, dropped my data plan w/ AT&T, had AT&T block mobile data on my account, and started using a Wifi tablet for my Android needs.

I'm starting to miss the smartphone form factor, though, and am considering finding another Infuse, but only if folks can confirm this is possible w/ the Infuse and maybe even this firmware:

I'd like to:

1. Use the non 4g sim card from the cheap flip phone.
2. Limit the phone to 3g or less.
3. Disable mobile data and only use the mobile network for calls.

Would like to keep AT&T from automatically adding a data plan. Again, I currently have mobile data and texting blocked on my account. I use Google Voice to pick up texts when I have Wifi access.

Thanks for any feedback!

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

I know this is over a year old now, but just in case someone else has this same question and searches the forums and ends up here: YES. You can do exactly that.

The reason being that the infuse 4g can use non 4g SIM cards since it's technically 3G+, not LTE. They won't try to add a data plan automatically unless you were starting a new contract with a brand new infuse. They only make you add data when buying a new phone, and even that is negotiable but you would end up paying a lot more for the phone. The fine print on the pricing is "with qualifying smartphone data package".

So, yeah. Since the infuse is so old you obviously won't be walking into a best buy and getting a brand new one, so you'll never be forced to add a data plan, and pretty much any SIM card from AT&T will work as long as it's not an old 2g SIM.

Source: several years working various positions at the death star before wanting my soul back.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
30th June 2014, 10:27 PM   |  #312  
Flag Orlando, FL
Thanks Meter: 5

50 posts
Donate to Me
More
Just what I needed for a friend. You can always count on XDA
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread