Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,781 Members 47,167 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

S5 rooted, now what?

Tip us?

cmcg86
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default info on rooting

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitchMob View Post
Sure, but I cannot guarantee you won't have any issues. I managed to remove a decent amount of bloat apps and rebooted successfully. I will list them below.

- Google +
- Google Books
- Google Play Music
- Audible
- VZW protection
- Messaging +
- Amazon
- Kindle
- Amazon Appstore
- IMDB
- VZW ringtones
- VZW protection and support
- Isis Wallet

and a few more that I cannot remember. I hope this helps.

---------- Post added at 07:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:28 PM ----------

Wouldn't the bootloader need to be unlocked first?
hey mate can i get some help from you. Ive been and ios user for years. Ive switched to samsung and have the s5 international. All i wanted to do was delete all the bloatware from my phone to have access to the memory ram i want. What would be the steps to doing this.

Rooting first? do i need to install extra apps, files? new to this so please go easy. Only ever rooted one phone before. Cheers

chrisbass
Old
Thanks Meter 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmcg86 View Post
hey mate can i get some help from you. Ive been and ios user for years. Ive switched to samsung and have the s5 international. All i wanted to do was delete all the bloatware from my phone to have access to the memory ram i want. What would be the steps to doing this.

Rooting first? do i need to install extra apps, files? new to this so please go easy. Only ever rooted one phone before. Cheers
Yes, first off root is required. I would recommend buying titanium backup pro and root explorer, two apps that I feel are root essentials. There are a couple other threads about removing bloat and which bloat is safe to remove. Sorry I don't have a step by step solution but this'll be a good start

RBEmerson
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Install towelroot.apk, SuperSU v1.99r4, and Root Checker Basic (from Play store). Run the v1.99r4 SuperSU, reboot, and use Root Checker to confirm you're rooted.

I strongly recommend using Titanium backup (Play store) to first freeze the bloatware you want to remove before actually uninstalling it.

And, of course, rooting can break things. If you have doubts, don't do it.
A winner is a loser who tried one more time.
The Following User Says Thank You to RBEmerson For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

djmouse
Old
Thanks Meter 407

DONATE TO ME
Anyone got viper4andriod fx working,I've got it installed with driver,driver status is all good expect for processing,I just want to boost my system audio,followed all the set ups on the thread,maybe the kernel is not compatible?I've always used it on custom roms,any help would be appriciated,I've changed build prop like it tells you,tried compatable mode with audio settings off on viper ,tried normal mode with viper on in system sound settings,tried forcing viper ,installed as system app,and user app,I'm out of options.

eragon5779
Old
Thanks Meter 92

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmouse View Post
Anyone got viper4andriod fx working,I've got it installed with driver,driver status is all good expect for processing,I just want to boost my system audio,followed all the set ups on the thread,maybe the kernel is not compatible?I've always used it on custom roms,any help would be appriciated,I've changed build prop like it tells you,tried compatable mode with audio settings off on viper ,tried normal mode with viper on in system sound settings,tried forcing viper ,installed as system app,and user app,I'm out of options.
I had an issue with it. You can't use the stock music app. I use Rocket Player and have no issues.

Sent from my ROOTED white SM-G900V using XDA Premium 4

djmouse
Old
Thanks Meter 407

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by eragon5779 View Post
I had an issue with it. You can't use the stock music app. I use Rocket Player and have no issues.

It works with MX player,but that when I'm playing audio or video files from srorage,but I'm looking to boost system audio like when you tap on keyboard or press back button,I know when I've used viper4andriod in custom roms and used the extra loud option,and switch between slight,moderate,or extreme I could hear it as I selected them,so with rocket player that will allow that,or it will do what mx player is already doing?
Quote:

---------- Post added at 02:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 PM ----------

And I have a audio uI file with all the AOSP sound like the key tick and the lock sound and few others if anyone's interested,it's just a file I made of .ogg files you just copy it to your system/media/audio/ui and combine it works perfect,and all the original sounds are still there just as a .ogg.bak. let me know if anyone's interested

ldeveraux
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:

It absolutely works on the stock music app.

But you didn't say if you were trying to boost speaker, bt, headphones, etc. Just put a check next to master power and extra loud if trying to boost the speaker, then restart.

elliwigy
Old
Thanks Meter 912
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmouse View Post
my rom is severely debloated (only 618mb) but i have not added viper yet.. ricks rom has viper installed and working.. its on my to do list

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Premium HD app

djmouse
Old
Thanks Meter 407

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ldeveraux View Post
It absolutely works on the stock music app.

But you didn't say if you were trying to boost speaker, bt, headphones, etc. Just put a check next to master power and extra loud if trying to boost the speaker, then restart.
I've tried that,it doesn't work for me,boosting the speaker that is,are you forcing viper?using compatible mode or normal?and if in sound settings/advanced /music fx, are you using sound alive,music fx,or viper?and did you do the build prop changes,I've tried it every witch way and can't get any boost on speaker.

---------- Post added at 03:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:53 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by elliwigy View Post
my rom is severely debloated (only 618mb) but i have not added viper yet.. ricks rom has viper installed and working.. its on my to do list

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Premium HD app
Yea I'm trying to stay as close to stock only getting rid of att bloat,I actually use a lot of the Samsung features,so with root,safe strap,and xposed I don't really need to flash a rom (yet).and I read something about not being able to flash roms with safe strap yet,or something with the slots,didn't fully look into it as I really just needed it for making backups.

---------- Post added at 04:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:58 PM ----------

And I just realized I'm in the Verizon thread lol.

tdawg0213
Old
(Last edited by tdawg0213; 30th June 2014 at 11:21 PM.)
Thanks Meter 104
Default Wrong carrier

Delete
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

VS980 Running 24A like a BOSS thanks to xdabbeb!
ROM: MicroMod777 Flex
Kernel: Stock

Tags
root verizon galaxy s5