FORUMS

Beats Music No Longer Accepting New Accounts

Whenever Apple launches a new product or service, it definitely manages to grab the … more

Do You Do Self-Repairs on Your Devices?

As smartphone designs become more and more complex, self-repairs on devices are also becoming … more

Sony Z4 Slips Out of Top 5 Smartphones in Japan

In a bid to streamline its flagship series which had been losing credibility over the … more

Sprint’s New Unlimited Plan with Ridiculous Capped Speeds

The carrier game in the United States is perpetually rushing forward at … more

Android 4.4.4 seen by OTA update on my GPE!

132 posts
Thanks Meter: 4
 
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I have my AT&T HTC One converted to Google Play Edition since a while now, and I just saw the system update notification and see the 4.4.4 with just 17MB, I've downloaded and once it rebooted, something happened with the zip and cwm recovery, which gives me an error. I was too excited with the update to take note of the error, and since I rebooted again and check for a system update, it shows me my 4.4.3 as current.

I'm just notifying it.

I have no idea if this helps anyone.
 
 
29th June 2014, 09:46 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Flag Long Beach, CA
Thanks Meter: 103
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alainalemany

I have my AT&T HTC One converted to Google Play Edition since a while now, and I just saw the system update notification and see the 4.4.4 with just 17MB, I've downloaded and once it rebooted, something happened with the zip and cwm recovery, which gives me an error. I was too excited with the update to take note of the error, and since I rebooted again and check for a system update, it shows me my 4.4.3 as current.

I'm just notifying it.

I have no idea if this helps anyone.

OTA will fail on custom recovery. You should have flashed stock recovery and then took the OTA. Try erasing cache and flash stock recovery.

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Free mobile app
Last edited by Waiting4MyAndroid; 29th June 2014 at 09:48 PM.
29th June 2014, 10:45 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Havana City
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waiting4MyAndroid

OTA will fail on custom recovery. You should have flashed stock recovery and then took the OTA. Try erasing cache and flash stock recovery.

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Free mobile app

Yes but why I can't see the notification anymore?
30th June 2014, 03:13 AM |#4  
opssemnik's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Porto Alegre,Rio Grande Do Sul,Brasil
Thanks Meter: 929
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alainalemany

Yes but why I can't see the notification anymore?

because it marked as failed, it will try again on the next bach or next update
30th June 2014, 03:20 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Havana City
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by opssemnik

because it marked as failed, it will try again on the next bach or next update

Whoa dude you leave me here hopeless. Sure there's no way to try again?
30th June 2014, 03:25 AM |#6  
opssemnik's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Porto Alegre,Rio Grande Do Sul,Brasil
Thanks Meter: 929
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alainalemany

Whoa dude you leave me here hopeless. Sure there's no way to try again?

return to stock recovery, and see if you get the ota link,if you get, download and sideload it
or otherwise you need to wait till next batch of rollout (remember, google sends updates by baches till everyone gets)
30th June 2014, 04:55 PM |#7  
darkarvan's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 39
 
More
or just flash it manually then in recovery !

http://www.randomphantasmagoria.com/...one/m7_google/
30th June 2014, 05:45 PM |#8  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 4,676
 
More
Side load it with stock recovery. If stock HTC recovery doesn't have sideload, you can flash it from your internal SD. No need to wait for a notification.
1st July 2014, 12:00 AM |#9  
Senior Member
Flag Amsterdam
Thanks Meter: 94
 
More
http://i.imgur.com/5VNVsgI.jpg

Just got it and installed it without problem
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes