Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,851 Members 47,041 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

No OS no connection ADB and FASTBOOT

Tip us?

neverdie951
Old
(Last edited by neverdie951; 29th June 2014 at 08:03 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default No OS no connection ADB and FASTBOOT

Hi few days ago i've tried to install the sixth rom on my htc one s , i push the rom on the htc one s with adb push , but it failed , so i try another time and my pc didn't recognize my htc one s ,also in device manager on windows it doesn't appear and when i enter in fastboot doesn't appear fastboot USB... i've tried with 2 cable , 2 pc with different OS but no working , i have installed htc drivers , adb and fastboot driver , google usb driver but no work
My htc one s is stopped from 5 days , i hope someone help me

neverdie951
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by neverdie951 View Post
Hi few days ago i've tried to install the sixth rom on my htc one s , i push the rom on the htc one s with adb push , but it failed , so i try another time and my pc didn't recognize my htc one s ,also in device manager on windows it doesn't appear and when i enter in fastboot doesn't appear fastboot USB... i've tried with 2 cable , 2 pc with different OS but no working , i have installed htc drivers , adb and fastboot driver , google usb driver but no work
My htc one s is stopped from 5 days , i hope someone help me
Someone help me please i don't know what do i do

808phone
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Quote:
Someone help me please i don't know what do i do
It's either your phone is not working correctly with fastboot usb or your computer.
You can try a live CD of linux/Ubuntu - this might work.
Device: HTC One S
ROM: CandyKat - Best so far!
Kernel: Pure CandyKat

smilezply
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy i am screwed too! omg!~

so i killed my phone... sounds like the same thing that happened here... i am praying u find an answer ... cuz i need one too... if anyone has any info they can give me on how to make my htc one s boot... that would be great... i can install rom, well one rom... viperv3.1.3... and it says its successful.... but then i reboot and it just sits there on the boot menu thingie... not even bootlooping just stuck... i dont know too much about how to fix this phone... and idk wat i can do to fix it... you should see the amount of time ive put into tryin to fix it in the last 4 days... omg. i need my phone back ... lol... i was hoping that someone made a backup... as my drive formatted itself and clearly formatted my backup also.... so i can try to just restore it... .is this an option. i hope so .

neverdie951
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by 808phone View Post
It's either your phone is not working correctly with fastboot usb or your computer.
You can try a live CD of linux/Ubuntu - this might work.
I tried right now with ubuntu and no work...what i must do , there's no connection between my htc one s and my computer the only connection is the charging of my phone please help me

808phone
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Quote:
I tried right now with ubuntu and no work...what i must do , there's no connection between my htc one s and my computer the only connection is the charging of my phone please help me
That is so weird. So you cannot get it to show fastboot usb?? If so, then I don't know what you can do. You need to have communication to restore with RUU. I know some people do JTAG, but considering you can buy a used One S for around $120, it may not be worth fixing. Most people I know charge around $75 for fixes so I may not be even worth it. Hopefully someone with more knowledge can jump in this thread.
Device: HTC One S
ROM: CandyKat - Best so far!
Kernel: Pure CandyKat

neverdie951
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by 808phone View Post
That is so weird. So you cannot get it to show fastboot usb?? If so, then I don't know what you can do. You need to have communication to restore with RUU. I know some people do JTAG, but considering you can buy a used One S for around $120, it may not be worth fixing. Most people I know charge around $75 for fixes so I may not be even worth it. Hopefully someone with more knowledge can jump in this thread.
It's really strange beacuse with this metod it works a few times , but i hadn't enough time to install the rom

Before you begin with your computer:
- go into recovery
- advanced
- reboot into recovery

If it reboots straightaway, you're ready to go. But it might wait, and offer you to root your phone. Do that, otherwise it won't work!
I would also restart the computer, just for a clean start. I also wiped my phone once again (factory reset).

On your Mac:
- make sure your rom (*.zip) is inside the platform-tools folder (this is inside the android sdk, where adb is)
- your phone should be disconnected and in recovery mode

1. open Terminal
2. type: cd (press space)
3. pull the platform-tools folder onto the terminal, press enter (this is here: /android/sdk/platform-tools)
4. type: ./adb kill-server (enter)
5. type: ./adb usb (enter) -> now it should say that "error: device not found"
6. connect your phone to the computer with the usb
7. type: ./adb devices -> it should show your phone, recovery mode
8. in your phone enter sideload mode (either in advanced, or in install zip option)
9. type: ./adb devices -> check if your phone is connected in sideload mode
10. type: ./adb sideload + <full name of the rom, including .zip, without brackets>

It should work, for me everything went perfectly.