5,814,863 Members 48,707 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] HTC ONE (M7) Can't install OTA or s-off/unlock

Tip us?

MPenguin
Old
(Last edited by MPenguin; 1st July 2014 at 01:01 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] HTC ONE (M7) Can't install OTA or s-off/unlock

Hi all,

When I first got my M7, I unlocked it and installed TWRP to make backups. I had experience doing this with my sensation and followed the guides posted here. When the Sense 6 update came out, I wanted to update, so I was tried using REVONE to remove the TAMPERED and UNLOCKED but it set it to RELOCKED. Apparently, it wasn't compatible with the android version 4.4.2, which I realized too late.

Now, I'm trying to get S-OFF and unlock the bootloader so I can flash an 4.2 rom, then use REVONE and go back to stock. I've tried using nkk71's SuperGUIDE to returning 100% back to stock, but neither Firewater nor Rumrunner will work with my device (HBOOT 1.56) - they both finish early and tell me I'm out of luck.

What's the next possibility? I'm in Asia with the TW stock rom. I can probably bring it to the store and let them handle it, but it'll take up to 7 days to get it completely back to stock. Is there anything else I can try before doing that?

tl;dr: Phone is Stock ASIA TW rom & recovery, HBOOT 1.56, *TAMPERED*, *RELOCKED*, and *S-ON*. Can't flash OTA or get S-OFF with Firewater.

EDIT: Nevermind. Seem to have soft-bricked my phone while attempting to install ARHD. Now no OS and can't load anything except TWRP. ADB Sideload doesn't work, ADB push doesn't work. Guess I'll bring it to the store and see if they can fix it.

SBColasito
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPenguin View Post
Hi all,

When I first got my M7, I unlocked it and installed TWRP to make backups. I had experience doing this with my sensation and followed the guides posted here. When the Sense 6 update came out, I wanted to update, so I was tried using REVONE to remove the TAMPERED and UNLOCKED but it set it to RELOCKED. Apparently, it wasn't compatible with the android version 4.4.2, which I realized too late.

Now, I'm trying to get S-OFF and unlock the bootloader so I can flash an 4.2 rom, then use REVONE and go back to stock. I've tried using nkk71's SuperGUIDE to returning 100% back to stock, but neither Firewater nor Rumrunner will work with my device (HBOOT 1.56) - they both finish early and tell me I'm out of luck.

What's the next possibility? I'm in Asia with the TW stock rom. I can probably bring it to the store and let them handle it, but it'll take up to 7 days to get it completely back to stock. Is there anything else I can try before doing that?

tl;dr: Phone is Stock ASIA TW rom & recovery, HBOOT 1.56, *TAMPERED*, *RELOCKED*, and *S-ON*. Can't flash OTA or get S-OFF with Firewater.

EDIT: Nevermind. Seem to have soft-bricked my phone while attempting to install ARHD. Now no OS and can't load anything except TWRP. ADB Sideload doesn't work, ADB push doesn't work. Guess I'll bring it to the store and see if they can fix it.
If it's not too late, I have been in this situation before. I bought an OTG cable and downloaded a stock ROM guru reset. From there, I successfully S-OFFed my device with HBOOT 1.56 using the firewater method.

Hope this helps
The Following User Says Thank You to SBColasito For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]