Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,012 Members 53,726 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Will T-Mobile LTE tablet work on ATT network?

Tip us?
 
dmunjal
Old
#21  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 12
Posts: 226
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrudup View Post
... and Verizon, too (well, OK only in one of VZW's newish "Band 4 xLTE" areas ). I did buy a $20/3GB plan from T-Mo when I got the tablet, and I switch SIMs around from time-to-time.


Don't know; didn't look, but normally I don't 'cause aftermarket ROMs on high-end Samsung devices tend to have missing features anyway so I never bother. I even like the standard kernel (despite it being non-OCed and sooo many revs back) that I'm not going to bother publishing an upgraded kernel like I usually do on the other tablets I've owned.
Received my P607t yesterday and requested an unlock through cellunlocker.net. They advertise 2-5 hours but I'm still waiting over 24 hours. How long did it take you? I'm concerned that this tablet is so new that it can't be unlocked or has a bad ESN. The screen is beautiful Btw. I do want to keep it if I can get it to run on AT&T.
 
kcrudup
Old
#22  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 709
Posts: 1,458
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmunjal View Post
They advertise 2-5 hours but I'm still waiting over 24 hours. How long did it take you?
I'd gotten mine back that same day, but it did take a few hours, and:
Quote:
I'm concerned that this tablet is so new that it can't be unlocked
They did send me a followup E-mail that said something akin to "We couldn't unlock by the standard method, so we're going to try an alternate way to get your code", and I took that to mean "your device is too new, so let me call my connect at T-Mo who can get the code on the downlow"

IOW, you'll probably have to wait 'till Monday for any results.
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 3G (GT-N8000) on AT&T
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 LTE (SM-P607T) on AT&T (and T-Mo/VZW)
HTC First on Net10/AT&T
(Save your "Thanks"; couldn't care less)
 
dmunjal
Old
#23  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 12
Posts: 226
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrudup View Post
I'd gotten mine back that same day, but it did take a few hours, and:

They did send me a followup E-mail that said something akin to "We couldn't unlock by the standard method, so we're going to try an alternate way to get your code", and I took that to mean "your device is too new, so let me call my connect at T-Mo who can get the code on the downlow"

IOW, you'll probably have to wait 'till Monday for any results.
Thanks, that helps. I got the same email. Looks like they have to do it manually now. Hope I get it on Monday. I agree with you that this is the best Android LTE tablet deal out there right now. Unfortunately, AT&T only got the 12.2 version and is way overpriced.
 
dmunjal
Old
#24  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 12
Posts: 226
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmunjal View Post
Thanks, that helps. I got the same email. Looks like they have to do it manually now. Hope I get it on Monday. I agree with you that this is the best Android LTE tablet deal out there right now. Unfortunately, AT&T only got the 12.2 version and is way overpriced.
Got the unlock code. All looks good but getting pretty lousy network performance even on LTE.
 
kcrudup
Old
#25  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 709
Posts: 1,458
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmunjal View Post
but getting pretty lousy network performance even on LTE.
Location dependant, perhaps? Do you have another handset to compare it to? How does it compare with the T-Mo data you got for free?

I've been getting ~10MBit on average while on the CalTrain (but around where I actually live must be full of nutso NIMBYs, as neither T-Mo nor AT&T have a decent signal).
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 3G (GT-N8000) on AT&T
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 LTE (SM-P607T) on AT&T (and T-Mo/VZW)
HTC First on Net10/AT&T
(Save your "Thanks"; couldn't care less)
 
dmunjal
Old
#26  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 12
Posts: 226
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrudup View Post
Location dependant, perhaps? Do you have another handset to compare it to? How does it compare with the T-Mo data you got for free?

I've been getting ~10MBit on average while on the CalTrain (but around where I actually live must be full of nutso NIMBYs, as neither T-Mo nor AT&T have a decent signal).
I bought it used so haven't tried it on Tmobile. I do have a Galaxy s4 on AT&T and it does gets 10Mbs easily in the same location. I put in my AT&T SIM provisioned for an iPad but it should still work as I'm getting LTE. I'm going to call AT&T and see what I can do.
 
kcrudup
Old
#27  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 709
Posts: 1,458
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmunjal View Post
I put in my AT&T SIM provisioned for an iPad but it should still work as I'm getting LTE.
Are you sure about the LTE provisioning (and that your Note 10.1 is actually on an LTE signal)? I, too, am using an iPad data-enabled SIM, and when I'd originally set that up for use on my OG Note 10.1 I'd used the IMEI of a 3G-only iPad of a relative- which meant that AT&T only provisioned me for HSPA data (you can login and check here for details). It wasn't 'till I'd switched my plan's IMEI to that of an LTE-enabled iPad that the SIM became provisioned for AT&T LTE, and I was then able to get LTE on my (new) Note.

Consider too that T-Mo's ROM on the P607T hides the data type from you somewhat, too. I use the (paid) app Network Signal Info Pro which gives me the real signal type (the free one might, too).

Quote:
I'm going to call AT&T and see what I can do.
Nothing- I can guarantee that. As long as you're using the "broadband" APN, that's where their responsibility ends (other than what I'd said above).
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 3G (GT-N8000) on AT&T
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 LTE (SM-P607T) on AT&T (and T-Mo/VZW)
HTC First on Net10/AT&T
(Save your "Thanks"; couldn't care less)
 
dmunjal
Old
(Last edited by dmunjal; 1st July 2014 at 06:49 AM.)
#28  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 12
Posts: 226
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrudup View Post
Are you sure about the LTE provisioning (and that your Note 10.1 is actually on an LTE signal)? I, too, am using an iPad data-enabled SIM, and when I'd originally set that up for use on my OG Note 10.1 I'd used the IMEI of a 3G-only iPad of a relative- which meant that AT&T only provisioned me for HSPA data (you can login and check here for details). It wasn't 'till I'd switched my plan's IMEI to that of an LTE-enabled iPad that the SIM became provisioned for AT&T LTE, and I was then able to get LTE on my (new) Note.

Consider too that T-Mo's ROM on the P607T hides the data type from you somewhat, too. I use the (paid) app Network Signal Info Pro which gives me the real signal type (the free one might, too).


Nothing- I can guarantee that. As long as you're using the "broadband" APN, that's where their responsibility ends (other than what I'd said above).
The SIM I've been using is provisioned for LTE and it has worked on a Note 8.0 and iPad mini.
 
kcrudup
Old
#29  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 709
Posts: 1,458
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Yeah, that's LTE ... huh. (BTW, I'd pull that screenshot, just-in-case; it's got your IMEI in it and while I don't think it matters that much, ya never know).
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 3G (GT-N8000) on AT&T
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 LTE (SM-P607T) on AT&T (and T-Mo/VZW)
HTC First on Net10/AT&T
(Save your "Thanks"; couldn't care less)

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

XDA Xposed Tuesday: Blur Your System Notification Panel – XDA Developer TV

Listen, we love innovative applications and modules that … more

Android 4.4.3 Begins Rolling Out to European HTC One M8

Shortly after the USA Unlocked and Developer Editions of the HTC One M8 received the … more

Modernize Your Emails with Email Popup

SMS andHangouts messages likely won’t ever replace traditional Emails for more formal … more

Change Your Toast Notification Style with XToast

Android uses multipletypes of notifications. One of these isknown as a toast notification. … more