FORUMS

Top Forum Discussions

Screen coming on during wireless charging

62 posts
Thanks Meter: 2
 
By mgftp, Member on 24th June 2014, 07:03 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hey guys, I recently have started using wireless charging and love it except for one thing, at night the screen of my phone will suddenly turn on and wake me up. I couldn't say for sure because I am always half asleep but I think it's happening when the phone hits 100% charge, perhaps this happens when it's plugged in as well but have always had my phone face down when plugged so I wouldn't know.

Either way, there has to be a way to prevent this? Wireless charging calls for the phone to be face up, surely most people charge when they sleep - having the screen come on is crazy.
 
 
24th June 2014, 08:31 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
I hear you brother. This gets right on my tatties too.

I have heard the only way round it is to root and use xposed but it seems extreme as I want to protect my warranty and can't be arsed with the prospect of debating it with Samsung if I do root.
24th June 2014, 08:42 PM |#3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joebongo

I hear you brother. This gets right on my tatties too.

I have heard the only way round it is to root and use xposed but it seems extreme as I want to protect my warranty and can't be arsed with the prospect of debating it with Samsung if I do root.

Wow, I figured I was overlooking something.

To me this is a huge oversight. Nobody from Samsung realizes this is an issue?
25th June 2014, 01:49 AM |#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Its not an oversight. The screen comes on at 100% as an alert that your phone has hit 100%, over charging a battery is bad for battery life
25th June 2014, 03:03 AM |#5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by master123467

Its not an oversight. The screen comes on at 100% as an alert that your phone has hit 100%, over charging a battery is bad for battery life

So people are supposed to wake up in the middle of the night to unplug their phones?
27th June 2014, 11:28 PM |#6  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Bump, still hoping for a fix :/
28th June 2014, 12:43 AM |#7  
toastido's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Huntsville, AL
Thanks Meter: 959
 
Donate to Me
More
Most people wouldn't wake up to just the light of the screen coming on. I sure don't, and I'm a light sleeper.

Regardless, i believe there's an xposed module that will let you disable this.



Sent from my leanKernel 3.1 powered stock 4.4.2 (NF1) SM-N900T

---------- Post added at 06:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 PM ----------

Here. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2587431

Sent from my leanKernel 3.1 powered stock 4.4.2 (NF1) SM-N900T
1st July 2014, 02:31 AM |#8  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by toastido

Most people wouldn't wake up to just the light of the screen coming on. I sure don't, and I'm a light sleeper.

Regardless, i believe there's an xposed module that will let you disable this.



Sent from my leanKernel 3.1 powered stock 4.4.2 (NF1) SM-N900T

---------- Post added at 06:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 PM ----------

Here. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2587431

Sent from my leanKernel 3.1 powered stock 4.4.2 (NF1) SM-N900T

I am not looking to root the phone and it wakes me up every night without fail.

I just went back to the old wired charger Again, shocked Samsung hasn't addressed this fault in an update at least.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes