Chrome paint of bezel will wear off in time

OP Sensamic

25th June 2014, 03:25 AM   |  #21  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 83

738 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aradfan

I'm not complaining, I'm saying that this is normal. What is not normal is that people bitch around that the bezel will scratch but from the S1 to S4 this seems to be inherited. Also, if they now that the bezel will scratch, why buy the phone?? Noo, they complain after buying it. People do your research before buying one

Sent from Samsung Galaxy S5

It's still a shame that a 600 phone will look like s*** after two years of you don't baby it, and even if you do you might not be able to avoid having this problem.

I see many people on these forums change phone every year. They buy many flagships, so obviously this isn't a big problem to them as to those of us who can't afford a 600 phone every year.
25th June 2014, 07:09 AM   |  #22  
Thanks Meter: 28

332 posts
More
I have an sgs3 that was always kept in a case, but that thing scratched like crazy. I'm not really sure the case helped the coating and may have in fact just aided in rubbing it off. It's a little disappointing that they repeated the process here when all they had to do was either use real metal or use a solid colored piece of plastic.
25th June 2014, 08:19 AM   |  #23  
Thanks Meter: 12

71 posts
More
I'm definitely not the type that changes a phone every year. 1 month ago I had the s2 that hold up until the microusb port went out. If this had not broken I wouldn't change it. Also, I'm keeping the phone in a slim bumper mainly to protect the bezel but also to enjoy the phone

Sent from Samsung Galaxy S5
25th June 2014, 01:03 PM   |  #24  
Flag Enschede, The Netherlands
Thanks Meter: 1,037

4,150 posts
More
And this is what we invented blanc nail polish for.

We do this with fake silver rings, too. (Both to protect the fake silvery colour layer, and to prevent any green residue from the copper)

Just paint a layer of transparant nail polish on it and it'll last you quite a lot longer. Any damages can also be fixed fit a thin ammount of nailpolish.
25th June 2014, 05:23 PM   |  #25  
Thanks Meter: 103

659 posts
My S3 was fine until I put a battery case on and within a week it rubbed a huge amount of chrome off the top left corner.
26th June 2014, 10:54 PM   |  #26  
Thanks Meter: 123

552 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensamic

S3 and S4 users have suffered this issue. The cheap chrome bezel chipping after having the device for some time.

S5 has this ugly chrome bezel around and it seems it's similar to the ones from S3 and S4.

In time the paint will scratch and wear off and your new S5 will look terrible, unless you use a case always.

What do you guys think? Samsung should have not repeated the cheap chrome bezel.

You say after time the paint scratches, therefore your S5 is no longer new after a long time. All phones will suffer from some cosmetic wear and tear - it is unfortunate yes but not much we can do except using a case or taking a lot of care. We use our phone everyday so much it is unrealistic for it to look anything like it did on day 1 after 2 years buddy.
The Following User Says Thank You to MadManMark For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th June 2014, 02:35 AM   |  #27  
Flag Timisoara
Thanks Meter: 11

45 posts
More
how did you managed to scrape it all off?? technique and materials used please i'm dieing to try
30th June 2014, 05:06 AM   |  #28  
Thanks Meter: 1

41 posts
Thanks for warning, I decided to do not buy S until Samsung will address the issue.
1st July 2014, 03:47 AM   |  #29  
Thanks Meter: 135

641 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOPKOBKA

Thanks for warning, I decided to do not buy S until Samsung will address the issue.

Hahaha.. Nice decision

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread