Nova Launcher Update Brings Lollipop Functionality and Feel

One of the most popular third party launcher on Android, Nova Launcher, has just … more

Check Your I/O Usage with Iotop for Android

Ever needed to check the I/O usage of apps? If so, you probably tried searching for an iotop … more

T-Mobile HTC One M8 Gets Selfie-Friendly Android 4.4.4 OTA

The T-Mobie variant of HTC One (M8) just now received an over-the-air update … more

Android L is for Lockdown

Root is, without a doubt, the (un)holy grail of the Android world. Those wonderful permissions that allow you as … more

Text messages taking over 3 minutes to send?

OP rapesauce

30th June 2014, 05:15 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

32 posts
On average how long does it take you guys to send a text message? I just sent 2 text messages in a row and it took over 5 minutes for both of them to send. Usually takes over 3 but this one took a little longer. Is anyone else having this problem? I am stock rooted running some xposed mods...
30th June 2014, 07:40 AM   |  #2  
Flag Los Angeles, CA
Thanks Meter: 931

2,841 posts
More
Something ain't right. My texts are going out as they are supposed to: instantly.
Running CleanROM with some extra mods and also Xposed for Sense6 toolbox.
The Following User Says Thank You to berndblb For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th June 2014, 08:08 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 4

34 posts
More
I hate to state the obvious, but do you have a low signal? Are you sending pictures or just plain texts? The only time I experience send times this high is when I have a low signal or am trying to send a text in an unusually crowded area. I am also rooted and running xposed, so unless one of the mods you are using has something to do with texts or signal, I would think it would have to be one of the above.
1st July 2014, 02:52 AM   |  #4  
OP Member

32 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccoulterjg1

I hate to state the obvious, but do you have a low signal? Are you sending pictures or just plain texts? The only time I experience send times this high is when I have a low signal or am trying to send a text in an unusually crowded area. I am also rooted and running xposed, so unless one of the mods you are using has something to do with texts or signal, I would think it would have to be one of the above.

Im usually on wifi for most part of the day, but my signal is usually good. I get solid 4g. I am mostly just sending plain texts but I did just recently get a new job and apparently it is right next to an at&t tower and I literally don't have service for a full 8 hours. I do use wifi there but i still cant receive text messages. Could that have anything to do with it?
1st July 2014, 02:59 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 4

34 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rapesauce

Im usually on wifi for most part of the day, but my signal is usually good. I get solid 4g. I am mostly just sending plain texts but I did just recently get a new job and apparently it is right next to an at&t tower and I literally don't have service for a full 8 hours. I do use wifi there but i still cant receive text messages. Could that have anything to do with it?

Yeah, unfortunately WiFi won't help you at all with plain text messages. If you have no service there, that would explain the huge send times. With Wi-Fi, you'd be better off to use Facebook Messenger or Google Hangouts data messaging feature instead of texting. Those services use data to send and receive messages so the WiFi would be utilized by them.
1st July 2014, 03:13 AM   |  #6  
OP Member

32 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccoulterjg1

Yeah, unfortunately WiFi won't help you at all with plain text messages. If you have no service there, that would explain the huge send times. With Wi-Fi, you'd be better off to use Facebook Messenger or Google Hangouts data messaging feature instead of texting. Those services use data to send and receive messages so the WiFi would be utilized by them.

I'll probably give that a try, but it doesnt just happen at work its pretty much everywhere.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread