Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,682 Members 42,494 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Text messages taking over 3 minutes to send?

Tip us?
 
rapesauce
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 32
Join Date: Sep 2011
Default Text messages taking over 3 minutes to send?

On average how long does it take you guys to send a text message? I just sent 2 text messages in a row and it took over 5 minutes for both of them to send. Usually takes over 3 but this one took a little longer. Is anyone else having this problem? I am stock rooted running some xposed mods...
 
berndblb
Old
#2  
berndblb's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 788
Posts: 2,437
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Something ain't right. My texts are going out as they are supposed to: instantly.
Running CleanROM with some extra mods and also Xposed for Sense6 toolbox.
The Following User Says Thank You to berndblb For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
ccoulterjg1
Old
#3  
Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 31
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Columbus, OH
I hate to state the obvious, but do you have a low signal? Are you sending pictures or just plain texts? The only time I experience send times this high is when I have a low signal or am trying to send a text in an unusually crowded area. I am also rooted and running xposed, so unless one of the mods you are using has something to do with texts or signal, I would think it would have to be one of the above.
 
rapesauce
Old
#4  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 32
Join Date: Sep 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccoulterjg1 View Post
I hate to state the obvious, but do you have a low signal? Are you sending pictures or just plain texts? The only time I experience send times this high is when I have a low signal or am trying to send a text in an unusually crowded area. I am also rooted and running xposed, so unless one of the mods you are using has something to do with texts or signal, I would think it would have to be one of the above.
Im usually on wifi for most part of the day, but my signal is usually good. I get solid 4g. I am mostly just sending plain texts but I did just recently get a new job and apparently it is right next to an at&t tower and I literally don't have service for a full 8 hours. I do use wifi there but i still cant receive text messages. Could that have anything to do with it?
 
ccoulterjg1
Old
#5  
Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 31
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Columbus, OH
Quote:
Originally Posted by rapesauce View Post
Im usually on wifi for most part of the day, but my signal is usually good. I get solid 4g. I am mostly just sending plain texts but I did just recently get a new job and apparently it is right next to an at&t tower and I literally don't have service for a full 8 hours. I do use wifi there but i still cant receive text messages. Could that have anything to do with it?
Yeah, unfortunately WiFi won't help you at all with plain text messages. If you have no service there, that would explain the huge send times. With Wi-Fi, you'd be better off to use Facebook Messenger or Google Hangouts data messaging feature instead of texting. Those services use data to send and receive messages so the WiFi would be utilized by them.
 
rapesauce
Old
#6  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 32
Join Date: Sep 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccoulterjg1 View Post
Yeah, unfortunately WiFi won't help you at all with plain text messages. If you have no service there, that would explain the huge send times. With Wi-Fi, you'd be better off to use Facebook Messenger or Google Hangouts data messaging feature instead of texting. Those services use data to send and receive messages so the WiFi would be utilized by them.
I'll probably give that a try, but it doesnt just happen at work its pretty much everywhere.
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Enjoy Wallpaper Overload with PhotoPhase

We don’t usually feature live wallpapers on the XDA Portal unless they are somewhat innovative … more

Monitor What Your Phone’s Camera Sees with Android Wear

Having a smart device strapped to your wrist certainly has its merits. A … more

Mod Lets You Have Stereo Speakers on Your Sony Xperia Z1 (Sort Of)

The stereo speakers onthe Sony Xperia Z2areprobably a relatively large … more

Give Your Screen Some Color with HexaTime Live Wallpaper

We don’t often cover very many live wallpapers here on the XDA Portal. You may … more