Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,597 Members 51,204 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Cannot Root my Xoom

Tip us?

ramhuskies7
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Cannot Root my Xoom

Can some one help me please im having trouble with rooting my xoom. i have downloaded and saved everything i was told i needed to root the device to the device and memory card but when i try to load the recovery console i get the android with the red x over it.

Any help is welcome.

runandhide05
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,438

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramhuskies7 View Post
Can some one help me please im having trouble with rooting my xoom. i have downloaded and saved everything i was told i needed to root the device to the device and memory card but when i try to load the recovery console i get the android with the red x over it.

Any help is welcome.
You can not flash a custom recovery from stock android recovery. Which is what the red x recovery is
Is your tablets boot loader unlocked yet?... No matter. Just download thisAIO_scripts_R.A.H._TWRPv2.6.3.zip - 12.00 MB
It's my tool to do everything u need. Unlock boot loader, flash twrp recovery, and then twrp will root it also when you boot into recovery. Just Dow load the zip file. Plug your xoom into your pc and click the runme.bat and chose what you want to do.
sent from(:::::
The Following User Says Thank You to runandhide05 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ramhuskies7
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I got into the twrp interface and loaded the omniROM 4.4.2 but it will not load past the omni screen now and give me an error saying could not mount Cache

ramhuskies7
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
When i load in to TWRP it is asking me for a password

runandhide05
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,438

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
When i load in to TWRP it is asking me for a password
Known issue on twrp there is no password just leave blank.
And you will need to ask your Rom related question in the Rom thread because I don't use that Rom and I don't know if it's bigPart Rom or not

ramhuskies7
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by runandhide05 View Post
Known issue on twrp there is no password just leave blank.
And you will need to ask your Rom related question in the Rom thread because I don't use that Rom and I don't know if it's bigPart Rom or not

Thanks. i ended up restoring it back to the factory through a process i found on another forum once everything updates to where it needs to be i am going to try and use your version to install the new ROM

runandhide05
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,438

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Thanks. i ended up restoring it back to the factory through a process i found on another forum once everything updates to where it needs to be i am going to try and use your version to install the new ROM
Just remember to look at what ever Rom you choose. If it says requires bigpart. Look at the thread in the development section for the steps to make it compatible for bigpart. It's not hard just have to follow a few steps.