[APP][2.1+] Online Nandroid Backup app

Search This thread

H3R3T1C

Mar 8, 2012
The app has been updated! New version should be visible in the play store soon! New version can be downloaded from first post.
Version 4.4
* Added Google Drive as an upload option for nandroid backups.
* Added upload history.
* Fixed various small bugs.
* New permission needed: GET_ACCOUNTS - needed for account selection for Google Drive upload.

Last edited:

erik07

Jan 17, 2012
Houston, TX
Androod secure still not backed up after successful bavkup with the latest version.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• 1404194067864.jpg
    1404194067864.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 201

brandypuff

Jul 5, 2012
Wouldn't just be easier to boot into CWM recovery and do the backup from there? I don't have a comfortable feeling about being abe to restore
my backup after reading 96 pages of issues with the online backup app. I mean, the whole premise of this app is to save you time but so much time seems to be spent on getting it to work. I tried the app and it told me to "get Identified" and then opened a window with several applications listed to choose but i have no idea what i'm supposed to do. I'm reverting back to offline mode.

James

nicesoni_ash

May 26, 2012
It was wonderful till restore worked. Now scaring feeling is always there whether restore will work or not and most of the time it doesn't so yup, offline for me too. I went back to v9.20 script too but unfortunately that doesn't work too.

Reactions: RiceRocket954

JB Cheong

Jun 12, 2014
Is anyone else still seeing the issue where the backup name is UTC regardless of the backup name option? I selected "phone timezone name" and ran a backup but the backup name is created with the UTC timezone time.

An update to ONB was released on 06/17 but it does not appear to have fixed this issue. I also reported the bug from within the app.

I can confirm this bug still exists.

Add me to the list of confirmation.

I'm using a Nexus 5 on Omni Nightly and TWRP.

Last edited:

freeekbert

Aug 16, 2012
H3R3T1C, could you please consider a setting to turn off the vibration notification after successful backup?
Thank you!

wreckwriter

Oct 27, 2013
restore?

Please forgive a dumb question... I got this installed and did a backup with no problem. The question is how would I restore if needed? I know I don't have the recovery program and can't figure out how to get it. Device is Verizon Galaxy S4 SCH-1545 with Android 4.4.2. Rooted with towelroot. I tried the Nandroid Manager but just got tons of permissions errors, don't seem to have whatever it requires.

Lots of articles point to using Goo Manager to install TWRP but that seems to no longer exist. Can anyone point me to the easiest and safest way to get a recovery app installed?

Last edited:

Quinnaay

Nov 2, 2013
Currently doing this now it took 65mins and I cancelled the second one is 25minutes in is this normal for a twrp backup to extsd

freeekbert

Aug 16, 2012
Please forgive a dumb question... I got this installed and did a backup with no problem. The question is how would I restore if needed? I know I don't have the recovery program and can't figure out how to get it. Device is Verizon Galaxy S4 SCH-1545 with Android 4.4.2. Rooted with towelroot. I tried the Nandroid Manager but just got tons of permissions errors, don't seem to have whatever it requires.

Lots of articles point to using Goo Manager to install TWRP but that seems to no longer exist. Can anyone point me to the easiest and safest way to get a recovery app installed?
First of all you will have to install a custom recovery to your recovery partition (removing the stock recovery). You can choose between TWRP and CWM.
No matter which one you prefer you will have to flash it to your device either in recovery mode or via USB debug mode.

Here in the forums you can find guides for both ways, just have a look in the forum for your respective device.

I just did a quick Google search for your device and the first result seems to suit you: http://true-android.blogspot.com/2014/01/install-cwm-6045-advance-edition-on_6514.html

The Nandroid Manager is a helpful tool but it won't work to its full potential (e.g. full restore) without a custom recovery.

Last edited:

Yeti47

Nov 21, 2013
www.facebook.com
Mine creates all the backups fine, but when it comes to rename the _old directory (must admit no idea why it creates an old dir?) it deletes them all. So all that's left is a log file and an empty md5 file. It much use as they are...

Anyone got any clues?

Thanks

Edit: have tried the obvious, like removing and reinstalling, coming of beta, replacing scripts and shells but no change

Edit2: Fixed by editing the onandriod script and disabling the replace option. All works now, as it only runs every few days no impact.

Last edited:

hshah

Dec 24, 2005
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Care to share what you modified with everyone else that is having the same long DATA partition B/U?

Sent from my deodexed rooted Note 3 running 4.4.2 NC4

I changed this part from:
Code:
				if $bb [ `$bb echo "$part_size" | $bb egrep "^[0-9]+$"` ]; then
					full_size=$part_size
				else
					full_size=-1
				fi
				maxfilesize=2047
				splitfilesize=1024
				if $bb [ $full_size -gt $maxfilesize ]; then

To:
Code:
				if $bb [ `$bb echo "$part_size" | $bb egrep "^[0-9]+$"` ]; then
					full_size=$part_size
				else
					full_size=$part_size
				fi
				maxfilesize=5120
				splitfilesize=1024
				if $bb [ $full_size -gt $maxfilesize ]; then

Probably not the best way of achieving what I wanted, but I didn't want to make extensive changes. What this part does is it checks what the partition size is and then compares that to the maximum file size limit. I have stopped it calculating it as -1 and increased the size limit.

RiceRocket954

Jan 9, 2014
@hshah - Thank you so much for the code change!

I have made the same change and made a backup (haven't tried a restore yet). My /data partition B/U used to take 2+ hours - this time it took ~9minutes.

For all those experiencing the same issue I have the complete updated 9.50 script attached (unzip first). Replace your old script (I renamed the old script to "onandroid.old") with the updated script.

The onandroid script is in "/data/data/com.h3r3t1c.onnandbup/files/onandroid" - permissions are rwxrwxrwx

Attachments

• onandroid.zip
    16.4 KB · Views: 24
Reactions: hshah

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys here is the official Online Nandroid Backup app support thread!

Nandroid backups are usually performed in recovery mode. This means you would have to turn off your phone and reboot in recovery mode, which wastes a whole lot of time rebooting and a lot more time offline. With this tool you can do nandroid backups without switching off your device.
    THIS APP REQUIRES A ROOTED DEVICE WITH BUSYBOX!

Features:
    * Creates backups in the CMW 5 and 6 style or TWRP!
    * Full support of the onandroid script.
    * Create custom names for your backups.
    * Choose what partitions get backed up.

The onandroid script was developed by Ameer Dawood. The original XDA post can be found at: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1620255
    Important: This tool requires a rooted phone with busybox to work!

Screens:

Change Log:
    Code:
    Version 4.4.4
    * Nandroid backups can now be uploaded without having to be zipped.
    * Vibrate and LED notification for nandroid backup complete can now be turned off in the settings.
    * Added upload only when charging option to Tasker plugin and scheduled backups.
    * Fixed bug that prevented the tasker plugin from not working.

Version 4.3
    * Removed ActionBarSherlock and replaced it with ActionBarCompat.
    * Added support for Tasker!
    * Scheduled backups can now be canceled from the notification bar. (Android 4.1+)
    * Added elapsed time timer to nandroid backup so uses can see how long the backup has taken so far.
    * Change log dialog will now show once the app as been updated.

Version 4.2.4
    * Fixed user reported bugs.
    * Added ability to set custom name of backup as build display id string.
    * Time for scheduled backup is now displayed in 12 or 24 hour format depending on your system prefrences.
    * Default partitions can now be set in default settings for seletive backups.

Version 4.2.3
    * Improved backup process. App makes sure dedupe and patch are installed before starting a nandroid backup.
    * Fixed bug that caused scheduled backup to run at boot and random times of the day." +

Version 4.2.2
    * Fixed bug that caused scheduled backup to to not roll over to next month. <b>Please click on Manage Scheduled Backup and click set to set the next scheduled backup to the correct time!</b>
    Version 4.2.1
    * Fixed bug that caused the app to delete newly created nandroid backup when trying to enforce a backup retnetion policy of 1.
    " +
    Version 4.2
    * App has graduated from beta!
    * Added option to backup retention that lets user specify whether to enforce backup retention policy before or after nandroid backup has finished.
    " +
    Version 4.2_beta_3
    * Fixed bug that cuased scheduled backup to show notification even if the auto backup is not running.
    * Manual selection of device for device patch has been re added.
    Version 4.2_beta_2
    * Fixed bug that caused scheduled backups to trigger at wrong times after first scheduled backup. (Please remove current scheduled backup and set a new one for bug to be fixed on your device)
    * Added option to scheduled backup to only backup if device is charging.
    * Fixed FC bugs reported through the Google Play Store.
    Version 4.2_beta
    * Onandroid script now installs to and runs from app data instead of /system/bin.
    * Users can now set a scheduled backup.
    * Users can now set how many backups to retain on the device.
    * Various UI tweaks and improvements.
    * Dalvik cache and Google music files can now be exclued from the backup.
    Version 4.1.4
    * Slight UI improvments.
    * Added on boot reciever to init the script auto update feature.
    Version 4.1.3
    * User can select which busybox the onandroid script uses.
    * Fixed exit code 2 error on some devices.
    Version 4.1.2
    * Added tip about changing shell.
    * Fixed some users reported UI issues on pre 3.0 devices.
    Version 4.1.1
    * The app now auto updates the backup script.
    Version 4.1
    * Users can now manually enter their save location.
    Version 4.0.2:
    * Removed Exclude dalvik and Google music options until those options are publicly supported by the backup script.

Version 4.0.1
    * /storage/* is now included in selectable save paths.
    * The app now uses its own busybox when running the script.
    * Added link to Google+ community in settings.
    * Fixed some layout issues on older devices running 2.x.
    * Added more backup options.

Version 4.0
    * The UI has been redesigned from the ground up.
    * App no longer checks for necessary tools every run. Instead its checked when app is run for the first time.
    * App now identifies device.
    * Quick Backup mode added.
    * User now sets default backup settings on first run of app.
    * Nanroid Backup can now be stopped.

Version 3.0.7
    * Users can select between ash and default shells.
    * Fixed bug that prevented the onandroid.log from being read by the app.
    Versions 3.0.4 & 3.0.5
    * Fixed various bugs.
    Version 3.0.3
    * Added permission android.permission.ACCESS_SUPERUSER.
    Version 3.0.2
    * Added support for more partitoins in selective mode.
    * Now using ash shell to fix problems so users were having running the script.
    * Fixed typo.
    Version 3.0.1
    * FC bug fixed when going back from settings.
    * Fixed small UI problem.
    Version 3.0
    * Now using actionbar Sherlock.
    * Added support disable MD5 generation and compress backup. (TWRP only)
    * UI has been improved.
    * Added support for yaffs2 override.
    Version 2.8.3
    * Bug fixes.
    Version 2.8.2
    * Bug fixes.
    Version 2.8.1
    * Bug fixes.
    Version 2.8
    * Changed theme to dark theme.
    * Fixed bug that prevented some devices from installing the onandroid script.
    Version 2.7
    * Added support for TWRP.
    * My Backups removed infavor of Nandroid Manager.
    Version 2.6.9
    * Several small bug fixes.
    * Fixed install loop for users who updated to version 7.0 of the script.
    Version 2.6.8.1
    * Bug fixes for users have install loop.
    Version 2.6.8
    * Fixed bug that prevented the onandroid script from being installed on some devices.
    Version 2.6.7.2
    * Fixed screen rotation bug.
    Version 2.6.6
    * Bug fixes.
    Version 2.6.5
    * If a backup witht the same name already exists the user is now given the choice wether or not they want to set a different name or overwrite the backup.
    * Fixed white text on white background issue.
    * Fixed crashed caused when dismissing a dialog.
    * Various other bug fixes.
    Version 2.6.4
    * Improved logging of errors.
    * Bug fixes.
    * Backups listed in My Backups is now sorted by date.
    Version 2.6.3
    * Russian language updated.
    * Various bug fixes.
    Version 2.6.2
    * My Backups has been readded to the app and enabled.
    * Fixed bugs reported via play store.
    Version 2.6.1
    * Fixed issue with too many items in the action bar causing the itmes text to be truncated.
    * My backups menu option has been removed untill this feature is ready.
    * Device specific patch is now checked for when user runs the app for the first time.
    Version 2.6_beta_4
    * Directory chooser now is ordered alphabetically.
    * Updated Russian translation.
    * Clockworkmod location and specify sd-ext location can now be manually edited.
    * Device specific patchs are now listed alphabetically.
    * Checking of preconditions when app is first opened is now done asynchronous to prevent app from hanging on start.
    * The directory chooser for selecting sd-ext can now browser directories such as /data.
    " +
    Version 2.6_beta_3
    * Fixed serveral bugs submitted via the play store.
    * Improved selection of clockworkmod folder.
    * Path of clockworkmod folder can now be set in setting for My Backups.
    Version 2.6_beta
    * The app now fully supports all the featues added to version 6.0 of the onandroid script which include the following:
    - Specify sd-ext path.
    - Specify alternate backup media.
    - Backup modes: normal, split, incremental, and specify partitions.
    * Sening an app debug report has been improved now to include a debug log errors that occure.
    * App now requires version 6.0 or higher of the onandroid script.
    * My backups is now included in beta. It is still a work in progress but will give users a preview of whats to come. It includeds the following:
    - Delete and rename backups.
    - Compress to zip.
    - Verify MD5.
    Version 2.5.4
    * Fixed bug that prevented patch from being installed!
    * When a patch is installed a toast notification will show up verifying that the patch as been installed.
    Version 2.5.2
    * Added support for the 6.0 version of the script.
    * Problems concerning the script will now be sent to Ameer.
    Version 2.5.1
    * Fixed looping of install onandroid script when app opens up.
    * Added install onandroid menu option to settings menu to allow people to install the latest version of the onandroid script.
    * Added option to settings under other to set wheahter app checks for new version of update script on start of app
    Version 2.5
    * Added German language.
    * Various small bug fixes.
    Version 2.4
    * Fixed screen rotation and wakelock issues.
    * Bug reports have now been split into the categories in the settings menu.
    * Added ability to uninstall mkyaffs2image.
    * User can now manually select the device specific patch to apply.
    * The app now cleans up its cache data from downloading new onandroid scripts and device specific patches.
    * Problems reading onandroid.log on some devices should now be fixed.
    Version 2.3.1
    * Fixed bug that prevented some devices from detecting whether or not a device specific patch existed for their device.
    Version 2.3
    * Fixed bug that prevented some users from downloading device specific patches!
    * Script version is now shown on main screen.
    * A messeage is now show in the main screen if a device specific patch is currently installed.
    * mkyaffs2image is no longer auto installed. It can now be installed from the settings menu!
    Version 2.2
    * If mkyaffs2image is not found on device it will be installed.
    * Added ability to apply device specific patches for devices where boot and recovery were not found!
    * Added ability to remove the onandroid script from device through the settings menu.
    * Added ability to remove device specific patch from device through settings menu.
    Version 2.1
    * Added ability to specify custom name for backup.
    * Added option to set backup name based on phone timezone.
    Version 2.0
    * Added a settings menu.
    * Added ability to view change log of new onandroid script before downloaing and installing the new script.
    * When clicking the Start Backup button a dialog is now shown to confirm that the user want to start backing up.
    * Code improvements.
    Version 1.1.1
    * Fixed bug that prevented newest version of onandroid from being installed.
    * Fixed bug that prevented the new onandroid script to not be executable on some devices.
    Version 1.1
    * Added check to see if latest version of onandroid is installed and install latest version if current version is outdated.
    * Added ability to install onandroid from app.
    Version 1.0
    * Initial release.

Download: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.h3r3t1c.onnandbup
    Hey guys I'm aware of the bug with new version of the script and the app and am working on fixing it.
    Version 4.3 of the app has graduated from beta and is now available for everyone to download!
    The new version is available for download through the Google play store or the first post of this thread!

Also I know a lot of you have been wanting support for uploading newly created backups to FTP and cloud service, well I have started adding support for FTP so expect a beta soon with that new feature!
    Here is a quick update of the current change log for the next version of this app:
    Version 4.3
    * Removed ActionBarSherlock and replaced it with ActionBarCompat.
    * Added support for tasker!
    * Scheduled backups can now be canceled from the notification bar. (Android 4.1+)
    * Added elapsed time timer to nandroid backup so uses can see how long the backup has taken so far.

I'm also working it those of you who have pm'ed me to fix problems they are having with the app.
    Hey guys sorry for my absence in this thread. I've been very busy with classes the past few month so I have not been able to work on the app and address issues people are having. Now that I have two month off of school I will be putting all my free time into working on all my android app as well as introducing a few new apps and possibly even a game exclusively for android. For right now I'm going to focus all my efforts on addressing the issues in this app. Please send me a PM with the title ONB Issue and I will personally work with you to try to fix the problem.