Post Reply

Android L icons on Sony stock launcher

OP Hussainally

29th June 2014, 04:25 PM   |  #1  
Hussainally's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 29
 
672 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2007
How do I get android new stock L launcher icons only for Sony stock launcher ?

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Free mobile app
Last edited by Hussainally; 29th June 2014 at 04:51 PM.
x102x96x
30th June 2014, 04:03 AM   |  #2  
Guest
Thanks Meter: 0
 
n/a posts
Info 2 i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hussainally

How do I get android new stock L launcher icons only for Sony stock launcher ?

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Free mobile app

u cannot install icon on stock launcher cause it doesn't support 3rd party icons...
thr s just some few colors and buttons that u can change on xperia themes
u need to install custom launcher
OR
have flashable.zip of L icons to flash through recovery (need to have unlock bootloader)
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th June 2014, 09:49 AM   |  #3  
funky0308's Avatar
Recognized Themer
Flag Osijek
Thanks Meter: 5,382
 
6,593 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by x102x96x

u cannot install icon on stock launcher cause it doesn't support 3rd party icons...
thr s just some few colors and buttons that u can change on xperia themes
u need to install custom launcher
OR
have flashable.zip of L icons to flash through recovery (need to have unlock bootloader)

There's really no need to unlock bootloader just to flash something from recovery...

I didn't get OP but if you are referring to navigation bar icons that could be changed through xposed modules, themes or systemUI.

If you are referring to app drawer and home screen icons that could be changed (also) through xposed module (Unicon)

We can easily root any Xperia firmware with easy root (15 seconds job) and install recovery.
No need for unlocking bootloader for something trivial like that...

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to funky0308 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
x102x96x
30th June 2014, 04:31 PM   |  #4  
Guest
Thanks Meter: 0
 
n/a posts
Info 2 i
Quote:
Originally Posted by funky0308

There's really no need to unlock bootloader just to flash something from recovery...

I didn't get OP but if you are referring to navigation bar icons that could be changed through xposed modules, themes or systemUI.

If you are referring to app drawer and home screen icons that could be changed (also) through xposed module (Unicon)

We can easily root any Xperia firmware with easy root (15 seconds job) and install recovery.
No need for unlocking bootloader for something trivial like that...

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk


Thanks
I know there s way to root some phones like Xperias without unlocking bootloader
But usually there s no root method without unlocking bootloader for almost devices
30th June 2014, 04:54 PM   |  #5  
funky0308's Avatar
Recognized Themer
Flag Osijek
Thanks Meter: 5,382
 
6,593 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by x102x96x

Thanks
I know there s way to root some phones like Xperias without unlocking bootloader
But usually there s no root method without unlocking bootloader for almost devices

Don't know for other devices but I know for Xperia.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
1st July 2014, 04:38 AM   |  #6  
hush66's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 395
 
830 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2010
More
Not sure which icons you are referring to. But these threads might help in getting your phone to have the Android L look:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2795701

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2796981

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2796130
The Following User Says Thank You to hush66 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Xperia Z2 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank