Post Reply

[Q] can't figure out how to restore to secondary account on tablet

30th June 2014, 02:46 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 33
 
326 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
here's the problem I'm having. My daughter has an old phone that she plays minecraft on. We recently got a new tablet (N7!). My google account is the primary on it but she has her own account on the tablet so we can share but not mix our data/apps. Is there any way I can transfer her minecraft app/world/data from the phone to the tablet?

Thanks!
30th June 2014, 03:57 AM   |  #2  
skiman10's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 60
 
193 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
Donate to Me
More
You could use a backup app to transfer. When I went from a nexus 7 2012 to 2013 I used titanium backup to restore all my data. You could also maybe google what files the world data is and copy that file to the same place on the tablet. Those would be my guesses.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
30th June 2014, 04:00 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 33
 
326 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiman10

You could use a backup app to transfer. When I went from a nexus 7 2012 to 2013 I used titanium backup to restore all my data. You could also maybe google what files the world data is and copy that file to the same place on the tablet. Those would be my guesses.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Have you ever restored to a secondary account on a tablet? That seems to be the big issue I'm encountering.
30th June 2014, 02:12 PM   |  #4  
skiman10's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 60
 
193 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by flintdragon

Have you ever restored to a secondary account on a tablet? That seems to be the big issue I'm encountering.

Oh you are using MultiRom?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
30th June 2014, 11:00 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 33
 
326 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiman10

Oh you are using MultiRom?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

no, I jsut got the nexus. The primary account on it is my own. I want to restore to a secondary account that shares the tablet with me.
1st July 2014, 03:57 AM   |  #6  
skiman10's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 60
 
193 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by flintdragon

no, I jsut got the nexus. The primary account on it is my own. I want to restore to a secondary account that shares the tablet with me.

OK got it. So the account doesn't get added or throws an error message? Or does it seem to get added but you can't access it. Oh wait. You want to restore apps from it. Right?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
1st July 2014, 04:43 AM   |  #7  
mdamaged's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag South of Heaven
Thanks Meter: 947
 
1,496 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2013
Donate to Me
More
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ync.beta&hl=en

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Nexus 7 (2013) Q&A by ThreadRank