Streamline Android Theme Customization with Graphic Porter

I dont have a custom theme on my Android phone, and the reason for this is because … more

Boost the Brightness of Your Sony Xperia Z1’s LED

I think the last time anyone has ever used a physical torch to find their earphones, … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: Modify the Look of Your Volume Control – XDA TV

How many screenshots have you seen with a volume status bar in the … more

Prepare Your Nokia X2 for Battle with Nokia X2 Tools

Unveiled in June this year, the Nokia X2 is the Finnish companys second crack at an … more

Need help getting to stock recovery

30th June 2014, 08:25 AM   |  #11  
Flag Hornsea
Thanks Meter: 301

1,707 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by manas.neo

Glad you were able to get your phone back. I have some positive news. I am trying out a recovery method as we speak. Using the LG Software update & USB driver tool I found the option for a update recovery. So I gave the IMEI and it prompted for a connection to the device which wasnt there as the phone is stuck in a boot loop. So I thought if it is going to restore the firmware from PC ( and not OTA) then it at some point of time will take the phone to download mode. So I just put the phone in download mode and VOILA it recognised the connection. And right now it is downloading the recovery firmware. The firmware being downloaded is around 1.5GB which is exactly what size I expected it to be. I have my fingers crossed. Just hope it goes through fine.

As I mentioned in an earliar post on this thread, you can usually get the device into a booting state using the lg pc suite. You will probably have to perform a factory reset but, hopefully, after using the tool, you can access the software factory reset in the settings menu. From past experience with other lg devices, it can often help if you run the recovery more than once in the pc suite.
30th June 2014, 08:33 AM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 3

27 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsie41

As I mentioned in an earliar post on this thread, you can usually get the device into a booting state using the lg pc suite. You will probably have to perform a factory reset but, hopefully, after using the tool, you can access the software factory reset in the settings menu. From past experience with other lg devices, it can often help if you run the recovery more than once in the pc suite.

Hi Bob,

Yes I think the same option is there in the LG PC Suite as well. But unless you do what I have tried to do it wont recognise a device that has not booted yet. Devices soft-bricked or bootlooping wont be recognised by the PC suite for recovery. But thanks for the tip. I'd keep that in mind and see if it'd need another factory reset after recovery. But it seems like it will be a hard reset done by the recovery happening right now
30th June 2014, 08:44 AM   |  #13  
Flag Hornsea

1,707 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:

Hi Bob,

Yes I think the same option is there in the LG PC Suite as well. But unless you do what I have tried to do it wont recognise a device that has not booted yet. Devices soft-bricked or bootlooping wont be recognised by the PC suite for recovery. But thanks for the tip. I'd keep that in mind and see if it'd need another factory reset after recovery. But it seems like it will be a hard reset done by the recovery happening right now

Good luck. If no joy just try the pc suit. I'm fairly sure I had a success on my old g2 with a similar problem to yours. Can't remember exactly what I did but I kept trying things and eventually the pc suit recognised and sorted my device. Perhaps try to adb reboot recovery with the pc suit on screen??
30th June 2014, 09:26 AM   |  #14  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 27

346 posts
PC suite and the software update thing didn't work for me. It just refuse to recognize my device. Hope things work out for u!
30th June 2014, 09:27 AM   |  #15  

27 posts
Quote:

Good luck. If no joy just try the pc suit. I'm fairly sure I had a success on my old g2 with a similar problem to yours. Can't remember exactly what I did but I kept trying things and eventually the pc suit recognised and sorted my device. Perhaps try to adb reboot recovery with the pc suit on screen??

Thanks. I was able to revive my phone. No loss of apps and data. Just the root was lost. Can you tell me what issues you have witnessed after such a recovery that made you to do a factory reset? The phone looks fine at the moment but wonder if it'd end up in a boot loop again.
30th June 2014, 09:32 AM   |  #16  
Flag Hornsea

1,707 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:

Thanks. I was able to revive my phone. No loss of apps and data. Just the root was lost. Can you tell me what issues you have witnessed after such a recovery that made you to do a factory reset? The phone looks fine at the moment but wonder if it'd end up in a boot loop again.

You shouldn't have a problem. I just like to have a clean start and to make sure that there are no alien files left from my previous tampering.
1st July 2014, 04:45 AM   |  #17  

27 posts
Quote:

You shouldn't have a problem. I just like to have a clean start and to make sure that there are no alien files left from my previous tampering.

It went all smooth. I'd like to shout out to all LG G Pro 2 users to make a note of this method and try it whenever they soft-brick their phones.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread