Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,782 Members 45,800 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Broke screen

Tip us?

bryce850
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21
Default Broke screen

So my 3 week old ultra that i am so carefully with screen cracked putting the phone in my pocket tonight i am so sad and angry how can the screen be that easy to break wtf.

Sent from my LG-D959 using XDA Free mobile app

zaxharu
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Oh my, thats the reason why it is adviced not to put it in pocket and always use flip cover cases for protection

shazoom
Old
Thanks Meter 7
That sucks. They don't seem to have the strength you would expect. Lots of then have done banana impressions: the glass often remains intact but the touch sensor snaps and they end up curved somewhere in the middle.

Sent from my C6833 using Tapatalk

bryce850
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by shazoom View Post
That sucks. They don't seem to have the strength you would expect. Lots of then have done banana impressions: the glass often remains intact but the touch sensor snaps and they end up curved somewhere in the middle.

Sent from my C6833 using Tapatalk
This one is almost dead center cracked and touch is gone so its pretty much dead which puts me out a phone for looks to be 3 weeks.

corrado85
Old
Thanks Meter 31
you must be one fat ass (seriously)

I've put my ultra in back ass pockets dozen of times, sitting on hardwood chairs, sofas to carpet and the worst thing that may have happened it that I've bent the frame. but i twist it back to normal

same goes for other pockets.

bryce850
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by corrado85 View Post
you must be one fat ass (seriously)

I've put my ultra in back ass pockets dozen of times, sitting on hardwood chairs, sofas to carpet and the worst thing that may have happened it that I've bent the frame. but i twist it back to normal

same goes for other pockets.
kinda of a dick reply but nope and far from it, yea i am 6'3 but not fat lol. It was in pocket for just long enough to make it to my car was shocked it was broke.

Reaper82
Old
Thanks Meter 10
I stood on mine, spider webbed the whole screen. Thankfully my phone company offered insurance it cost $50 excess to repair. They are pretty easy to crack though. It's the only worry I have and the reason I pay $8/month to insure it. First phone I bothered to do that with. Still have a spider webbed semi-functioning HTC One X that will never get repaired due to cost.

iBuzman
Old
Thanks Meter 448
I won't like the OP as that seems wrong - we need a sympathy button..

XDA PORTAL POSTS

Slate Calendar Helps You Organize Your Life

Without calendars in some form or another, most of our lives would be utter chaos. Unless you are … more

Shane Francis to Talk Android, Robotics, and Vision at XDA:DevCon 2014

Our international xda:devcon 14in Manchester, UK on the weekend of … more

LG G Watch Tool is a Toolkit all Owners Need

The LG G Watch is one of the first two devices hitting the market rocking the highly anticipated … more

Benchmark Your CPU Performance with Mini CPU Integer Script

When it comes to device testing, there are two types of people on XDA. The first … more