Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,461 Members 47,549 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] VZW SCH-I545 ROM Questions

Tip us?

DeathStalker77
Old
(Last edited by DeathStalker77; 28th June 2014 at 07:59 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Question [Q] VZW SCH-I545 ROM Questions

Hello all!

Please excuse the n00b questions!

Here are all the phone specs ---

Android Version: 4.4.2
Baseband Version: I545VRUFNC5
Kernel Version: 3.4.0 dpi@SWDD5015 #1
Build Number: KOT49H.I545VRUFNC5
SE for Android Status: Enforcing SEPF_SCH-I5445_4.4.2_0011
Secure Boot Status - Type: Samsung
Hardware Version: I545.07
Security Software Version: MDF v1.0 Release 2

Now I have disabled and *removed* KNOX (using NoBloat)

Like a lot of people, I absolutely HATE the new look of the UI (the S3 was great).

I would like to know what new ROMs I can use with this unit, and also what steps I need to take to install them.

Thanks SO much for any assistance!

(Sorry, I didn't realize this should have been posted in the Q&A section, and I can't seem to move it)

DeathStalker77
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Unhappy Can A Mod Please move This Post?

I don't want to cross-post it in the Q&A before someone tries to move it.

Surprised that no one has responded (or bothered to)

decaturbob
Old
Thanks Meter 804
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathStalker77 View Post
I don't want to cross-post it in the Q&A before someone tries to move it.

Surprised that no one has responded (or bothered to)
Simple research.... There is a stickie in general forum

sent via safestrap 3.72 and echo v25.1! !
so long Verizon and my awesome S4 , hello TMO G3

DeathStalker77
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by decaturbob View Post
Simple research.... There is a stickie in general forum

I *did* look in the General forum - I did not find anything that matched my specs - LOTS for other specs, but not mine.

Some *specifics* would be appreciated.

decaturbob
Old
Thanks Meter 804
Quote:
I *did* look in the General forum - I did not find anything that matched my specs - LOTS for other specs, but not mine.

Some *specifics* would be appreciated.
You have a nc5 Kitkat base phone.... Plenty of info and I said before there is a stickie in the general forum you need to look at

DeathStalker77
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
In the time it took you to post 2 referrals to the same forum you *could* have simply ANSWERED the question.

There is plenty of info on MDK and ME7 versions, I do not see ANY posts on my specific version, and YES, I have looked.

Doing a search in the general forum for "MDF" turns up ZERO results.

So again, YOU say there are posts specific to my model and firmware, yet the site's search indicates that is not the case.

Please prove the site wrong.

joshm.1219
Old
(Last edited by joshm.1219; 1st July 2014 at 02:47 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1249
Quote:
In the time it took you to post 2 referrals to the same forum you *could* have simply ANSWERED the question.

There is plenty of info on MDK and ME7 versions, I do not see ANY posts on my specific version, and YES, I have looked.

Doing a search in the general forum for "MDF" turns up ZERO results.

So again, YOU say there are posts specific to my model and firmware, yet the site's search indicates that is not the case.

Please prove the site wrong.
Um I'm might've just answered this in another thread, not sure if that was you, but you have to look at the last three letters of the alphanumeric code under "build number". The security software is irrelevant. As @decaturbob said, you have an nc5 phone, we have lots of helpful members who spent a lot of time making guides to teach you about what you can and can't do with your phone. These guides are either stickied or in one of the couple first pages of the general section. Good luck
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2848/11738368925_6e7dbef510_o.png
  • CARRIER: Verizon
  • PHONE: Samsung S4
  • CASE: Otterbox Defender modded to fit Anker 7800mah battery
  • BOOTLOADER: MDK, loki bypass
  • RECOVERY: TWRP 2.7.x
  • KERNEL: Ktoonsez with Project Icarus profile and Hydra script
  • ROM: Eclipse TW 4.4
  • LAUNCHER & MODS: Google Now launcher with XGEL settings, GravityBox, Heads Up notifications, & Android L navbar

DeathStalker77
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Hi joshm!

I saw the stickies and I saw the references to NC5, but most of them also make reference to MDK, so I'm confused - NC5 is one build and MDK is another build?

I see this note (and DOH! I didn't even realize it was decaturbob who made the post <faceplant>) - All revisions of the I545 after MDK (ME7, MI1, MJ7, MK2) can NOT have a custom recovery, only Safestrap can be used.

I see posts about dropping back to MK2 from NC5 in order to root (mine is already rooted with TowelRoot).

If the *only* way to get a custom ROM on my unit at this time (and I'm looking at CM11 mostly) is with SafeStrap and bootslots, then I'll just wait it out - can't be bothered with that much hassle

You have to remember, what seems *simple* for you experts, may not be for the layman. By the same token, the stuff *I* do for a living, might seem complicated to you I know Windoze, but not jack-squat about Linux/Android. I can do just about anything technical on a desktop in my sleep, but phones are still pretty much a mystery to me

decaturbob
Old
Thanks Meter 804
Quote:
Hi joshm!

I saw the stickies and I saw the references to NC5, but most of them also make reference to MDK, so I'm confused - NC5 is one build and MDK is another build?

I see this note (and DOH! I didn't even realize it was decaturbob who made the post <faceplant>) - All revisions of the I545 after MDK (ME7, MI1, MJ7, MK2) can NOT have a custom recovery, only Safestrap can be used.

I see posts about dropping back to MK2 from NC5 in order to root (mine is already rooted with TowelRoot).

If the *only* way to get a custom ROM on my unit at this time (and I'm looking at CM11 mostly) is with SafeStrap and bootslots, then I'll just wait it out - can't be bothered with that much hassle

You have to remember, what seems *simple* for you experts, may not be for the layman. By the same token, the stuff *I* do for a living, might seem complicated to you I know Windoze, but not jack-squat about Linux/Android. I can do just about anything technical on a desktop in my sleep, but phones are still pretty much a mystery to me
You can use towel root method to root.... You can install 3.72 safestrap and then install any ss compatible roms.... The process isn't complicate but you have to take some time to read and research. Several YouTube videos available....

The Following User Says Thank You to decaturbob For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]