Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,758 Members 46,408 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Art

Tip us?

l5s5d6
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Can somebody check benchmarks both on art and dalvik? It's weird to get worse scores right?

Wysłane z mojego GT-I9300 przy użyciu Tapatalka

IvanMatin
Old
Thanks Meter 7

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by maschenazi View Post
Switched to ART from day one. Not had a single problem. Camera and everything else I've tried works as it should.
Same here...
simple_fear85 Old
Thanks Meter 0
Depends on some apps you use. Not all apps are switched to art yet. I use a few that don't work with art. It's still not supported

rjxtreme
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I tried switching to ART but the whole phone became extremely slow and laggy. Did any of you guys experience this? Should I leave it for a while to sort itself out?

Also, a lot of my installed apps disappeared from the launcher? Is this normal as the apps do not support Art or should they still show up?

maschenazi
Old
Thanks Meter 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjxtreme View Post
I tried switching to ART but the whole phone became extremely slow and laggy. Did any of you guys experience this? Should I leave it for a while to sort itself out?

Also, a lot of my installed apps disappeared from the launcher? Is this normal as the apps do not support Art or should they still show up?
The first reboot after the switch from Dalvik to ART took about 10 minutes for me. It depends how many apps you have installed, as it needs to pre-compile all of them. After that I didn't notice anything being slower or missing.
In theory ART should make it faster to start applications and should help with battery life as well, as it doesn't need to compile the apps on the fly as you start them. That's the theory anyway. I had ART on on my Nexus 5 as well from the beginning and none of the apps I've used misbehaved.