- Based off BeansTown106 DeOdex/Odex NCG 4.4.2 Base
- DeOdex & Odex Versions Available
- Init.d Support
- Knox Free
- Native Hotspot
- Removed VZW OTA Updater
- Read/Write to External Storage
- ART (Should Work, I Don't Use It)
- Private Mode (Might Have Removed, If Not It Will Only Work On Odex Version)
- Android L Home Launcher (Default and Only Launcher)
- Android L Bootanimation (Boot Sound Off on DeOdexed Version But Is There On Odex Version)
- Android L Keyboard (Default and Only Keyboard. Go To Advanced Settings and Change Theme to Material)
- Android L System UI Sounds (Not All System UI Sounds are Available Yet, I Added What I Found!)
- Android L Alarm Sounds
- Android L Ringtones
- Android L Notification Sounds
- 8sms (Removed stock SMS apk and replaced with 8sms)
Naturally, in order to get the ROM down to size I had to remove a LOT of stuff from the ROM itself. All basic functions should work. Some of the things that were removed are here:
- Drive Mode
- Baby Stuff
- Kid Stuff
- Verizon Junk
- Samsung Junk
- Stock Messaging app
- Stock Browsers
- Stock Launcher
- Stock Ringtones, Notification Sounds & Alarms
- My Files
.... You Get The Picture! I do not want to hear about if I'm going to add this or that. There are other ROMS (I have another one on here) with everything working and only Verizon bloat removed. If you want SHealth then this is not the ROM for you (unless you can find a zip or a way to side load it.)
- Just About Everything!
- Location Bug Squashed (It will now stick without having to reboot device)
- To Set Wallpaper, You Can Long Press Home Screen or Set From Gallery (I removed native wallpaper picker so it wont work through settings)
1: Download ROM from link below.
2: Download SuperSU.zip from HERE.
3: Place ROM and SuperSU.zip on External SD Card (Or you should be able to use internal)
4: Boot in Recovery, make a backup if you want to be on the safe side.
5: In SafeStrap Recovery either create a ROM Slot or use Stock Slot and Wipe (Standard wipe should work)
6: Flash the ROM.zip and then flash the SuperSU.zip immediately after.
7: Reboot System and ENJOY
- Geohot for www.towelroot.com
- Hashcode0f for this little thing called SafeStrap Recovery!
- BeansTown106 for his awesome and quick work providing us base ROMS to work with
- Misterxtc for answering all my questions
- Edgarf28 For inspiring me to make this ROM (His XtreStoLite ROM is still smaller than mine haha) and also for his Aroma Add-on Package I used to see what I could remove without breaking the ROM
- Archikitchen (for the kitchen to make it happen)
- Everyone else I am forgetting!
DeOdex - 618mb:
Odex - 657mb:
Extreme DeBloat, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S 5
Last Updated 2014-07-01