Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Which replacement screen (Sharp, sony acer)

OP and313

26th June 2014, 02:27 PM   |  #1  
and313's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 626
 
1,971 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
More
ok so... the store broke my lcd while they were trying to remove the digitizer... and now i am looking at ebay on which lcd+touch assemlby to buy and i have a question. are the sony, acer and sharp lcd versions compatible with all one x mobos? i did some research and found that the sony version is the best (so they say)
1st July 2014, 11:15 AM   |  #2  
Junior Member
Flag Adelaide
Thanks Meter: 2
 
21 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by and313

ok so... the store broke my lcd while they were trying to remove the digitizer... and now i am looking at ebay on which lcd+touch assemlby to buy and i have a question. are the sony, acer and sharp lcd versions compatible with all one x mobos? i did some research and found that the sony version is the best (so they say)

Hi,
The Sony and Sharp are not compatible with each other( I've tried to replace one with the other), I've never come across the Acer LCD in Australia so I'm not sure. If you don't know how to tell the Sharp and Sony apart, the Sharp has Green backing on the flex cable, while the Sony is sort of orange with a few yellowish stripeson the back of the LCD flex cable. Sorry I couldn't find any of my photos which show the difference. I would recommend buying the LCD/digitizer combo and a separate midframe to mount it on, as it comes with new 3M adhesive, but you may also have to add a few TINY drops of instant adhesive, I say tiny as too much will press out under the digitizer and will show up, but I have found that without it the digitizer will lift from the frame eventually due to the tight fit of the frame in the rear shell of the HOX.
Hope you go ok!

---------- Post added at 06:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:41 PM ----------

Sorry, just a bit of additional info, have also come across posts saying the colours of the LCD look washed out with the wrong LCD.
The Following User Says Thank You to okhughes For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st July 2014, 11:34 AM   |  #3  
and313's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 626
 
1,971 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by okhughes

Hi,
The Sony and Sharp are not compatible with each other( I've tried to replace one with the other), I've never come across the Acer LCD in Australia so I'm not sure. If you don't know how to tell the Sharp and Sony apart, the Sharp has Green backing on the flex cable, while the Sony is sort of orange with a few yellowish stripeson the back of the LCD flex cable. Sorry I couldn't find any of my photos which show the difference. I would recommend buying the LCD/digitizer combo and a separate midframe to mount it on, as it comes with new 3M adhesive, but you may also have to add a few TINY drops of instant adhesive, I say tiny as too much will press out under the digitizer and will show up, but I have found that without it the digitizer will lift from the frame eventually due to the tight fit of the frame in the rear shell of the HOX.
Hope you go ok!

---------- Post added at 06:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:41 PM ----------

Sorry, just a bit of additional info, have also come across posts saying the colours of the LCD look washed out with the wrong LCD.

ok tnx for the info... and i was thinking i can just order whatever. i checked the panel_type in the last_kmsg and i found that i have the replacement screen for which nobody knows who makes it. but it is a warm panel so it probably is sony... but i have to rip it apart to be certain

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk
1st July 2014, 11:40 AM   |  #4  
Junior Member
Flag Adelaide
Thanks Meter: 2
 
21 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2013
More
Talking
Quote:
Originally Posted by and313

ok tnx for the info... and i was thinking i can just order whatever. i checked the panel_type in the last_kmsg and i found that i have the replacement screen for which nobody knows who makes it. but it is a warm panel so it probably is sony... but i have to rip it apart to be certain

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk

That's the only downside - having to pull phone apart to check which one you have. Also another tip, phone need to be on to change LCD's, boot phone up with it apart, then wake up with power button on old screen, then sleep with power button, change screens then wake up again. There are plenty of vids on youtube to help, if new screen doesn't activate, check flex cable is in square and all the way - have had this problem before also.
The Following User Says Thank You to okhughes For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st July 2014, 03:25 PM   |  #5  
and313's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 626
 
1,971 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by okhughes

That's the only downside - having to pull phone apart to check which one you have. Also another tip, phone need to be on to change LCD's, boot phone up with it apart, then wake up with power button on old screen, then sleep with power button, change screens then wake up again. There are plenty of vids on youtube to help, if new screen doesn't activate, check flex cable is in square and all the way - have had this problem before also.

tnx... you answered all i was wondering about really appreciated

edit: ok so i riped it apart again and its a sony. for anyone who is wondering what might happen if the wrong screen is attached to the mobo watch this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHdtgu4rbxI

and the store said: why you dont just buy the "original" for 40€.... god i hate such people

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk
Last edited by and313; 1st July 2014 at 08:30 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes