Failed 4.3 Odin

OP nxneko

6th March 2014, 02:45 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Orlando
Thanks Meter: 36

177 posts
More
I downloaded the full 1.7GB N2 MJ9 md5 for odin, after I flashed the phone would just flash NOTE 2 logo over and over.I tried to re-flash it again in odin but it just fails, and now in download mode I see 4.3 stuff.

I keep trying to use odin 3.09 to reflash stock but it fails at NAND WRITE START
Last edited by nxneko; 6th March 2014 at 02:48 AM.
6th March 2014, 03:46 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nxneko

I downloaded the full 1.7GB N2 MJ9 md5 for odin, after I flashed the phone would just flash NOTE 2 logo over and over.I tried to re-flash it again in odin but it just fails, and now in download mode I see 4.3 stuff.

I keep trying to use odin 3.09 to reflash stock but it fails at NAND WRITE START

Mine did this exact same thing. I later found out that you have to run Odin again and only use a pit file. Basically bring up Odin, put your phone into Odin mode, connect it, on the right hand side of the Odin screen instead of clicking PDA, click PIT. Then point to your file and click start. The file name is sch-I605-16gb.pit. Only thing is that I am unsure where I downloaded it from. There is a video on youtube on that describes exactly how to do this and I think the links to the files are on that video.
6th March 2014, 05:22 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Orlando
Thanks Meter: 36

177 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by StricIX

Mine did this exact same thing. I later found out that you have to run Odin again and only use a pit file. Basically bring up Odin, put your phone into Odin mode, connect it, on the right hand side of the Odin screen instead of clicking PDA, click PIT. Then point to your file and click start. The file name is sch-I605-16gb.pit. Only thing is that I am unsure where I downloaded it from. There is a video on youtube on that describes exactly how to do this and I think the links to the files are on that video.

the pit file failed, too.

Verizons SUA ended up working with restoring device.
1st July 2014, 04:03 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
I got the same issue. my phone was rooted with TWRP 2.6.3.2 and flashed to customized MJ9 in this thread, http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...578458&page=14

Later I would like to restore to factory default, so downloaded this firmware http://terafile.co/2146204d7383 and flashed using odin. the flash was successful, however, after it finished, it started to have the exact problem as you described.

Quote:

---------- Post added at 03:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:26 AM ----------

Quote:

I just did Section 1B according to this thread:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2024207

Worked like a charm
1st July 2014, 04:03 PM   |  #5  
Recognized Themer
Flag LbTs
Thanks Meter: 5,196

3,590 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Quote:

the pit file failed, too.

Verizons SUA ended up working with restoring device.

Did you take 4.4.2 OTA?

Well have you tried rebooting into stock recovery(UP BUTTON, HOME BUTTON, POWER) and doing a factory reset..then reboot?

You should always flash a image or tar in Odin WITH the pit file..bc if no pit the image could end up anywhere(rare)..

So this is what I would do..
  1. pull battery
  2. un plug phone
  3. reboot into Download Mode
  4. plug phone into different USB port
  5. ODIN see it?
  6. If so good!
  7. Try to reflash WITH pit file
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread