Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,492 Members 51,916 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Which Kernel Has suited you the best?
Stock Kernel 6 20.00%
Phoenix Kernel 3 10.00%
AGNI Kernel 14 46.67%
Nadia Kernel 7 23.33%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

[Experience][Share]My Usage and Testing of Custom kernels for Touchwiz Kitkat.

Tip us?
 
KNIGHT97
Old
#21  
KNIGHT97's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 871
Posts: 1,434
Join Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by smeet.somaiya View Post
Didn't even get a single word of what you said. My knowledge on memory allocating is limited. I always make mistakes in sums related to memory mapping in my microprocessor exams😅😆

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 11:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:57 AM ----------


Okay. Got what you mean. But what is its application on a phone with limited memory?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
Haha, yeah memory allocation related stuff is a bit hard, but you can get idea about the random placement of data blocks by reading the some articles on 32 vs 64 bit.

And about the Frandom, it supplies with the needed random data(entropy) to be fed to the application so that it doesn't suffer slowdown or stuttering in case of an empty entropy pool from /dev/random. This also ensures a better performance in some apps.

Sent from my RPG with auto targeting
 
smeet.somaiya
Old
#22  
smeet.somaiya's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 498
Posts: 1,197
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Mumbai
Quote:
Originally Posted by KNIGHT97 View Post
Haha, yeah memory allocation related stuff is a bit hard, but you can get idea about the random placement of data blocks by reading the some articles on 32 vs 64 bit.

And about the Frandom, it supplies with the needed random data(entropy) to be fed to the application so that it doesn't suffer slowdown or stuttering in case of an empty entropy pool from /dev/random. This also ensures a better performance in some apps.

Sent from my RPG with auto targeting
Okay. now I get it. But only a bit😅
Thanks😊

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
 
tabbishmahmood
Old
#23  
Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 60
Join Date: Nov 2013
Hey thanks for such a detailed write up. I end up in bootloop no matter what i try.. Have tried everything you have mentioned.
 
aukhan
Old
#24  
aukhan's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 986
Posts: 2,164
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Bangalore

 
DONATE TO ME
Appreciate your time and efforts that you have invested in writing this beautiful Guide.

i can refer to people asking which is the best Kernel or ROM.

Hats off to that 12second Nuclear codes
The Following User Says Thank You to aukhan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
garyblake
Old
#25  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 54
Posts: 317
Join Date: Feb 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by aukhan View Post
Appreciate your time and efforts that you have invested in writing this beautiful Guide.

i can refer to people asking which is the best Kernel or ROM.

Hats off to that 12second Nuclear codes
Whats the point in this thread? Cant see any actual use for it. Can someone explain?

The OP says done some research but wont tell you my findings which sounds like normal crap you get from statisticians.
 
KNIGHT97
Old
#26  
KNIGHT97's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 871
Posts: 1,434
Join Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by garyblake View Post
Whats the point in this thread? Cant see any actual use for it. Can someone explain?

The OP says done some research but wont tell you my findings which sounds like normal crap you get from statisticians.
What's the point of posting this then? Can't see any actual usage for it. Can you explain?

Yes, I did my research carefully, and this is no statistics crap.....
Do you use your device the exact same way I do? Do you have the exact same apps and settings as I do?
There are more complainers then actual devs here and the point is to shut them up. Noobs gonna come up and blame me if I share my settings and then thier device becomes unstable or battery backup worsens.
People never want to test things themselves and just gonna keep on asking silly questions which irritate everyone. If someone reads and understands this the way I meant this to be, he wouldn't feel fear trying to experiment with different settings in a kernel.

And yes, if you don't feel like this thread was needed or is just useless, feel free to report it and get it closed, becuase that's what members posting things like this would usulally do.

And yes, if you don't like this, no need to speak up BS in here.
The Following User Says Thank You to KNIGHT97 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes