Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Hulu and Netflix Issues

OP thorntonwd

29th June 2014, 08:25 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Is anyone else having issues with Hulu and Netflix freezing. I would be watching Hulu and the video will freeze and the audio will continue to play. Then after several seconds the video will catch up. I am running 100mb internet speed so I know its not my connection. The Prime videos run perfect but Hulu and Netflix have issues. I contacted Hulu and they couldn't fix anything. I have done 2 factory resets trying to fix this. Anyone else have this problem?
29th June 2014, 09:23 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 4

26 posts
Do you have Comcast by any change? They love to slow down netflix connections. Can you check if you have the same issue on other platforms?
30th June 2014, 03:28 AM   |  #3  

10 posts
Actually yes I am... Neither of my Fire Tv's (both rooted running 51.1.0.2) will stream Hulu or Netflix, but internet is working on them. I have OTA's blocked on my Fire TV. Thinking of just updating it. Thoughts? Suggestions?
30th June 2014, 09:15 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 4

26 posts
When I first rooted mine, I was having issues with Hulu. Once I uprooted it, it started working again. Try unrroting one of the and see if any changes.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
1st July 2014, 06:36 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

2 posts
This Fixed It For Me
I finally read somewhere that you can change the display settings for the Fire TV from 1080P to 720P. Now that I have done that I have watched 3 movies and 4 episodes on both Netflix and Hulu without any issues Hopefully if you are having any issues this will fix it for you.
1st July 2014, 05:07 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 14

97 posts
More
Where'd you read that? If it makes Netflix request the lower-res streams that could definitely have an effect.
My TVs aren't 1080p anyway.

E: Nevermind, found it here:
http://www.googletvforum.org/forum/a...tml#ftip13tip1
Last edited by muriani; 1st July 2014 at 05:11 PM. Reason: info!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread