Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,027 Members 49,583 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Hulu and Netflix Issues

Tip us?

thorntonwd
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Hulu and Netflix Issues

Is anyone else having issues with Hulu and Netflix freezing. I would be watching Hulu and the video will freeze and the audio will continue to play. Then after several seconds the video will catch up. I am running 100mb internet speed so I know its not my connection. The Prime videos run perfect but Hulu and Netflix have issues. I contacted Hulu and they couldn't fix anything. I have done 2 factory resets trying to fix this. Anyone else have this problem?

jrgx19
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Do you have Comcast by any change? They love to slow down netflix connections. Can you check if you have the same issue on other platforms?

kronusx12
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Actually yes I am... Neither of my Fire Tv's (both rooted running 51.1.0.2) will stream Hulu or Netflix, but internet is working on them. I have OTA's blocked on my Fire TV. Thinking of just updating it. Thoughts? Suggestions?

jrgx19
Old
Thanks Meter 4
When I first rooted mine, I was having issues with Hulu. Once I uprooted it, it started working again. Try unrroting one of the and see if any changes.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

thorntonwd
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default This Fixed It For Me

I finally read somewhere that you can change the display settings for the Fire TV from 1080P to 720P. Now that I have done that I have watched 3 movies and 4 episodes on both Netflix and Hulu without any issues Hopefully if you are having any issues this will fix it for you.

muriani
Old
(Last edited by muriani; 1st July 2014 at 04:11 PM.) Reason: info!
Thanks Meter 14
Where'd you read that? If it makes Netflix request the lower-res streams that could definitely have an effect.
My TVs aren't 1080p anyway.

E: Nevermind, found it here:
http://www.googletvforum.org/forum/a...tml#ftip13tip1