Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,836 Members 43,604 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Censored by SlideMe and Amazon Appstore

Tip us?

xiqxiq
Old
(Last edited by Naddict; 30th June 2014 at 06:18 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22

DONATE TO ME
Exclamation [Q] Censored by SlideMe and Amazon Appstore

Hey guys, I come here with a problem.

Over the past 2 weeks I have developed a mobile game called "Stalin Bird: Flappy mod edit " that got denied on both Amazon AppStore and SlideMe.

My problem is that games are a type of Art and I don't want to censor the words Stalin, Flappy, Mother or Bastard. It's just part of the game, and while the game would still work without that, it was my own creative decision. I'm not hungry for corporate dollars or selling apps that have no feel or love to random people just to get a quick buck.

The game in itself is a parody of games like these but NOT a clone of flappy bird!
The gameplay mechanics are totally different and there are different modes.

The fun comes from the dumb sounds and the profanity, so I refuse to delete that.

Can someone recommend an appStore or a platform where I can host that app and still get recognition?

Thanks in advance,

a desperate developer
My work:
Stalin Bird | O3D iStyle Keyboard | Xwype Skins 3.26 | O3D CandyBar Notifications

"[...]our brain is sensing time on another, much faster scale. We sensed a (r)evolution in the last 50 years,
but earth in 50,000. While we are degenerating at snail speed, we try to save what's left at the speed of light.[...]"

My blog: http://xrlabs.blogspot.com

Naddict
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 13758
Thread moved and post edited to remove masked profanity... Just FYI.... Cheers!
Every time you don't use search, a kitten, bunny, baby turtle, and fuzzy Harp Seal are killed.

Read the Rules! -- Search Before You Post! -- Learn about XDA -- Need A Moderators Help? -- Get the Most out of XDA! -- Curious about GPL?

xiqxiq
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naddict View Post
Thread moved and post edited to remove masked profanity... Just FYI.... Cheers!
I'm sorry Naddict, but that exactly is the problem, lol!
But the game is really called Stalin Bird: Flappy ***** Bastard lol.

So you don't think there's a market for adult apps?

cheers,
~xiq
My work:
Stalin Bird | O3D iStyle Keyboard | Xwype Skins 3.26 | O3D CandyBar Notifications

"[...]our brain is sensing time on another, much faster scale. We sensed a (r)evolution in the last 50 years,
but earth in 50,000. While we are degenerating at snail speed, we try to save what's left at the speed of light.[...]"

My blog: http://xrlabs.blogspot.com
Tags
amazon appstore, slideme, stalin bird