FORUMS

What Are the Best Looking Apps on Android?

As more developers are updating their apps with Material Design elements, we’re … more

Cyngn Explained: Who’s Cyanogen, What’s Cyanogen OS?

While Cyanogen, Inc has been the source of many headlines lately, there … more

Verizon Moto X 2014 Receives Root On Kitkat 4.4.4

The Verizon Moto X 2014 has finally received root, albeit only on Kitkat 4.4.4 … more

Android 5.1.1 Released, Google Cell Service – XDA TV

Android Lollipop 5.1.1 has been released. That and much more news is covered … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] Home button doesn't run launcher any more :/

26th June 2014, 03:15 PM |#1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Hi all,
My phone rebooted and I lost all custom settings (like text size, custom ringtone etc.), while retaining other apps data. This was simple to repair

Problem is, since then my "Home" button doesn't execute launcher anymore. If I long-press, it shows tasks list, so the button is working, but short press does.. nothing.

I installed Home2 Shortcut - doesn't work either.
Cleared TouchWiz settings - no change
Cleared "Application preferences" - no change
Installed Nova Launcher - works fine, but won't return to home screen on "Home" press.

I guess some simple setting got corrupted, but I've no idea where to look for that. I'd rather not reflash the phone just because of this one button, but it's quite nice to be able to go to Home screen

Any advice?
 
 
26th June 2014, 03:33 PM |#2  
Joku1981's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 771
 
Donate to Me
More
Try this:
1. Long-press home button and select the "cheese"
2. Go to the last tab called "Clear default Settings"
3. You will have there something called: TouchWiz Home. Clear it.
4. Go back to the start screen and long-press home button again.
27th June 2014, 06:46 AM |#3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joku1981

Try this:
1. Long-press home button and select the "cheese"
2. Go to the last tab called "Clear default Settings"
3. You will have there something called: TouchWiz Home. Clear it.
4. Go back to the start screen and long-press home button again.

Thanks for suggestion, but I already tried that. Home button still doesn't react to short press.

Actually, it does react to short press - when I want to wake up the phone. But it doesn't run launcher.
27th June 2014, 09:01 AM |#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
I have exactly the same problem. Button physically works fine will click to show lock screen when off , double press for s voice ( when on ) and hold for task manager. it just wont single press to actually go home..grrrrrrrr


Quote:
Originally Posted by Stasheck

Thanks for suggestion, but I already tried that. Home button still doesn't react to short press.

Actually, it does react to short press - when I want to wake up the phone. But it doesn't run launcher.



---------- Post added at 09:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 AM ----------

ok solution for me was a full master reset via recovery. All good now.


Quote:
Originally Posted by tinentiuk

I have exactly the same problem. Button physically works fine will click to show lock screen when off , double press for s voice ( when on ) and hold for task manager. it just wont single press to actually go home..grrrrrrrr

27th June 2014, 09:41 AM |#5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Yeah, I figure a reset/reflash will do, but it's another couple hours (which I don't have ) to restore everything after that
1st July 2014, 07:13 PM |#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
I got the same problem
I was planning to upgrade firmware anyway though
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes