Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,290 Members 46,090 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Ok to update SuperSU app?

Tip us?

SouthBayBruin
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Ok to update SuperSU app?

Hello,

I'm currently running a rooted HTC One (m8) with a stock recovery and stock sense 6. I simply booted into TWRP using the fastboot commands to flash the SuperSU .zip file. I am currently running SuperSU version 1.94 and I noticed there was an update to SuperSU version 2.0.

Is it ok to update to the latest SuperSU app? I'm not very familiar with SuperSU and I don't know if the updated SuperSU changes anything for root binaries.

I figured I should ask before I just go ahead and update the app.

Thank you for your help.

S1L3nTShaDoWz
Old
Thanks Meter 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthBayBruin View Post
Hello,

I'm currently running a rooted HTC One (m8) with a stock recovery and stock sense 6. I simply booted into TWRP using the fastboot commands to flash the SuperSU .zip file. I am currently running SuperSU version 1.94 and I noticed there was an update to SuperSU version 2.0.

Is it ok to update to the latest SuperSU app? I'm not very familiar with SuperSU and I don't know if the updated SuperSU changes anything for root binaries.

I figured I should ask before I just go ahead and update the app.

Thank you for your help.
It's perfectly fine to go ahead and update to it, I myself haven't noticed a difference and i've ran both versions for unspecified extended periods of time with no problems.

SouthBayBruin
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by S1L3nTShaDoWz View Post
It's perfectly fine to go ahead and update to it, I myself haven't noticed a difference and i've ran both versions for unspecified extended periods of time with no problems.
Thank you. I was really asking is it ok to update the app through the google play store or if I should flash the zip file in TWRP recovery. I went ahead and played it safe and flashed the V 2.01 SuperSU app. Everything appears to be working properly right now.

Thanks for the help.

samsamuel
Old
Thanks Meter 1,048
It'll be fine letting it update itself through the store

XDA app on m8 running venom
ViperOneM8 VIPER4Android

O2 UK automated free sim unlock form.

Want to say thanks? Do you buy stuff on eBay? Click HERE to donate to me FOR FREE
Tags
root, supersu, update