Titanium backup moving backup folder to SD

OP ranjb

24th June 2014, 01:46 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3

73 posts
More
Hi Folks

Just recently brought a 64GB SDXC card for my S4.

with only a measly 9gb free space on the internal memory I brought the SD card to move items such as my nandroid and titanium backups as well as photos and other media.

I managed to move the nandroid backups ok however I also run a daily Titanium backup which still writes to the local memory. I have changed the path to point to a folder on the SD card but it fails to write to this area.

At this moment in time I dont want move Apps to SD just the other bits as this will allow me to recover about 3/4GB of space.

Does anyone know how I can force titanium backup to move or write new files to the SD card location?

Thanks
26th June 2014, 01:11 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1

18 posts
Follow this link http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2524277 to make your card writable, then copy your Titanium backup folder over, and run the Titanium to set the default backup location.
The Following User Says Thank You to pentel1954 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th June 2014, 01:23 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 2

19 posts
I'm trying to do the same by enable RW permission for the externalSD but ended corrupted my system/etc/permissions/platform.xml. Appreciate if anyone can send me the file.

Thanks.
Last edited by engowen; 26th June 2014 at 08:58 AM.
26th June 2014, 09:00 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 2

19 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by engowen

I'm trying to do the same by enable RW permission for the externalSD but ended corrupted my system/etc/permissions/platform.xml. Appreciate if anyone can send me the file.

Thanks.

Got the file from the previous link. Thanks.
1st July 2014, 09:40 PM   |  #5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3

73 posts
More
I was recommended a app to download called FolderMount which would do this for me, I have to say since I have used this it found an issue with my SD card and fixed it automatically, then pointed Titanium back to the SD card and it now works fine..

Something to consider..
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread