Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,645 Members 38,801 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

The Inactive Skyrocket Projects Thread

Tip us?

kirbee213
Old
Thanks Meter 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BadWolf View Post
No, it's not great but installing King Beatz helped it out a lot.
I have tried installing KingBeatz (current version, test version and 2 older versions) from http://goo.gl/C83XrX (xda link just shorter). I can't seem to find it in my app drawer or in Apollo's settings. Can you give a play by play for your install method (maybe with flashable zips)? I see the Beatz app as a system app when using "System App uninstaller" from the Play Store.

I removed Apollo and DSP Manager to see if that helped, no dice. Maybe because I'm on an Avatar 4.3 rom?

1BadWolf
Old
Thanks Meter 579
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbee213 View Post
I have tried installing KingBeatz (current version, test version and 2 older versions) from http://goo.gl/C83XrX (xda link just shorter). I can't seem to find it in my app drawer or in Apollo's settings. Can you give a play by play for your install method (maybe with flashable zips)? I see the Beatz app as a system app when using "System App uninstaller" from the Play Store.

I removed Apollo and DSP Manager to see if that helped, no dice. Maybe because I'm on an Avatar 4.3 rom?
I just flashed the zip posted in the thread that you linked. The app that it installed is called Beatz and is similar to DSP manager but with a few changes. You'll need to have one of the MP3 players listed in the op of the King Beatz thread, though because the zip file doesn't install a separate player.

tsew2674
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Default Baby Mon/Security Cam

I realize I'm not breaking the mold here, but I've always kind of thought that I'd use it in conjunction with a IP Webcam App to serve as a security camera or possibly baby monitor if we end up with another baby. In combination with DDNS it can be used remotely and cost next to nothing to maintain.

TheCybertronian
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsew2674 View Post
I realize I'm not breaking the mold here, but I've always kind of thought that I'd use it in conjunction with a IP Webcam App to serve as a security camera or possibly baby monitor if we end up with another baby. In combination with DDNS it can be used remotely and cost next to nothing to maintain.
Do it provide instructions and pics and I can add it I'm still thinking of creative things.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

tsew2674
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCybertronian View Post
Do it provide instructions and pics and I can add it I'm still thinking of creative things.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
If I get time I'll try to throw together some screenshots and walk-throughs but it's really pretty simple. The app I've used is here , it's easy enough for anyone to use and can be viewed on a browser. If you get on your router and forward the port you choose (8080 by default) to your phone's IP you can view remotely. It even has a dedicated mode, which I've not played with but is what planted the seed to begin with.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tsew2674 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

vincom
Old
(Last edited by vincom; 12th June 2014 at 04:28 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,313

DONATE TO ME
its pretty easy
1st find your phones ip address
from phone open ip webcam> start server
pc browser "put phones ip address here w/out quotes":8080
webcam browser window>video>browser or which ever method works for you
you can record, take snapshots etc

Hit The Thanks Button If Ive Helped

MY SUPERLITE ROMS
CM10.1 & CM10.2
AOKP JB4.3
SL-PAC-Man JB 4.3
CM10 JB 4.1.2
ATT JB 4.1.2
ROGERS JB 4.1.2
MY STICKIES
1 STOP > ROMS | KERNELS | FIRMWARE | RADIOS | RECOVERIES | GUIDES | INFO | & MORE
HOWTO > | RESTORE TO STOCK | USE ODIN | INSTALL CWM/TWRP | ROOT |

Newbs B4 you flash
Read more!!
Read the stickies!!! Search!!!
Once you know what you are doing and are stumped at a certain problem, post in the q&a forum
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vincom For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

twobats1
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Just found this thread - good idea. Sometimes I use the SR as a backup with Magic Jack while I'm fixing whatever I was trying to do with the new one (SGS3)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app