Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,200 Members 40,430 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Speaker buzzing.

Tip us?
 
djleez82
Old
#11  
djleez82's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 44
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New South Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiros View Post
Please tell me if you have a minijack-to-minijack cable, i want to see if the problems we both have are due to the same underlying issue
Nope I dont use that
Galaxy Mega 6.3 & LG G-Pad 8.3
 
DREWHAMM974
Old
#12  
DREWHAMM974's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 581
Posts: 710
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Athens, Alabama

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiros View Post
Please tell me if you have a minijack-to-minijack cable, i want to see if the problems we both have are due to the same underlying issue
Yes, I thought you were joking sorry.

Sent from my C6833 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
tsiros
Old
#13  
tsiros's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 112
Join Date: Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by DREWHAMM974 View Post
Yes, I thought you were joking sorry.

Sent from my C6833 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app


do you want to try something, maybe see if the problems we have are somehow related?
z ultra.
 
LiamAtkins90
Old
#14  
LiamAtkins90's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 15
Posts: 84
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Gorleston-On-Sea
I think I have the same problem, had crappy speakers on stock lg,
Flashed a cyan base ROM with DSP Manager installed.
Speakers are a million times better except a buzzing sound every 3/4 minutes.
YouTube Apk, Browser YouTube, XBMC, Music Player its all the same.... Even games lol!
Like a buzzing that interrupts all sound for like half a second then normal sound resumes :/
Its only a small problem but it's a pain in the ***
Any idea what this could be?
A DSM Manager bug or a CM bug?
 
djind
Old
#15  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 489
Join Date: Jul 2008
It's probably the clearaudio setting. I got that every time after a notification or sound

Sent from my Xperia Z Ultra using Tapatalk
 
tsiros
Old
#16  
tsiros's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 112
Join Date: Jan 2006
If anyone has a couple minutes to spare, could you try the following?

you will need this mp3 file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3k...it?usp=sharing . it is a 2 second long, 1 kHz tone at -3 dB encoded as standard mp3. A simple beep.

disable touch sounds on the phone. the tick tick that it does when you tap on the screen. we don't want inteference with other sound sources.

set that beep as ringtone and notification tone on the phone.

set music volume to just above 0 on phone. the lowest possible without muting it

start playing some music on phone

go to volume settings, the window with the 3-4 sliders.

the experiment is: tap somewhere on the ring or notification volume sliders, wait 10 seconds at least, repeat

does it play the beep with a hiccup? it is quite short when you listen to it this way. if you have headphones on, the pop should be very loud through the headphones.
z ultra.
 
LiamAtkins90
Old
#17  
LiamAtkins90's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 15
Posts: 84
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Gorleston-On-Sea
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiros View Post
set that beep as ringtone and notification tone on the phone.

set music volume to just above 0 on phone. the lowest possible without muting it

start playing some music on phone

go to volume settings, the window with the 3-4 sliders.

the experiment is: tap somewhere on the ring or notification volume sliders, wait 10 seconds at least, repeat

does it play the beep with a hiccup? it is quite short when you listen to it this way. if you have headphones on, the pop should be very loud through the headphones.

What does this experiment do?
 
LordManhattan
Old
#18  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 5648
Posts: 15,002
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kepler-34b
I just experienced some buzzing when I was changing my ringtone (1 second static noise after each play), and I noticed that I had Dynamic Normalizer enabled with xLOUD, and the buzzing went away as soon as I disabled Dynamic Normalizer.
 
tsiros
Old
#19  
tsiros's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 112
Join Date: Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiamAtkins90 View Post
What does this experiment do?
tests for a problem with the audio which might be related to the one experienced by others in this thread.
z ultra.
 
LiamAtkins90
Old
#20  
LiamAtkins90's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 15
Posts: 84
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Gorleston-On-Sea
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiros View Post
tests for a problem with the audio which might be related to the one experienced by others in this thread.
OK

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


TRENDING IN THEMER...