Team Win Recovery Project for Tornado 348

more

PhotoMath: A Math Beginner’s Dream App

more

Leaked Galaxy S6 Apps Hit the Forums

more

Fix Untinted Recent Panels on Lollipop

more
Post Reply

[Q] Battery life is so bad, it won't charge while in use

OP ReikiDraven

30th June 2014, 06:51 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 14
 
84 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
I am running BlueLightning-20140410-jflte as my ROM, with the 3.4.82-ChronicKermel-KK4.4-AOSP-JFLTE-v3.1 kernel.

I have my governor set to ondemand, with my low clock speed set to 189MHz and the highest at 918MHz.

With the sound set to one click past off, with Wifi, Mobile Data and GPS turned off, with the screen on the dimmest settings, my battery STILL drains when I have the phone plugged in, if I am actively using an app or playing a game.

I did not find a Fast Charge option on this ROM, and I had to uninstall Xposed Framework, because it was preventing several of my apps and games from running.

I can't think of a reason that the battery would still be draining this quickly, using the settings that I described.

Is there something I am doing wrong, or something I missed along the way somewhere?

Thanks in advance for any advice.
30th June 2014, 09:28 PM   |  #2  
Kriptik210's Avatar
Senior Member
Crystal River
Thanks Meter: 158
 
602 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
More
Try a different kernel

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
1st July 2014, 12:19 AM   |  #3  
serio22's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 959
 
2,706 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
More
Bad cable could be the issue.. Try swapping cables
1st July 2014, 02:26 AM   |  #4  
lordcheeto03's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
Thanks Meter: 560
 
1,585 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReikiDraven

I can't think of a reason that the battery would still be draining this quickly, using the settings that I described.

Is there something I am doing wrong, or something I missed along the way somewhere?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

To what are you plugged while charging? If you are plugged to a wall-outlet, make sure you are using the Samsung wall adapter (or at least one that can push 1.9A). I've found out that it isn't usually the cable that causes slow charging, but the wall adapter.

Also, download an app from the Play Store called Charging Current Lite to see what your charging rate is. While 1900mA (1.9A) is optimal, anything above 600-700mA should be enough to charge while in use. Much lower than that, you will only maintain what charge level you have or slowly drain power.
The Following User Says Thank You to lordcheeto03 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st July 2014, 05:17 PM   |  #5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 14
 
84 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordcheeto03

To what are you plugged while charging? If you are plugged to a wall-outlet, make sure you are using the Samsung wall adapter (or at least one that can push 1.9A). I've found out that it isn't usually the cable that causes slow charging, but the wall adapter.

Also, download an app from the Play Store called Charging Current Lite to see what your charging rate is. While 1900mA (1.9A) is optimal, anything above 600-700mA should be enough to charge while in use. Much lower than that, you will only maintain what charge level you have or slowly drain power.

It's usually the wall adapter, but it is not the one that came with my phone. I got mine off of Craigslist, and it didn't come with a charger. I've been using the same one I used on my old LG Optimus L9. I never considered that.

Figured that plugging it directly into my computer via USB would give a weaker charge, but never thought it could be the wall charger, itself.

I'll run those tests and report back. Thanks!
1st July 2014, 08:56 PM   |  #6  
no_username_available's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 41
 
336 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
More
try a different battery or charging port if you can
2nd July 2014, 12:06 AM   |  #7  
lordcheeto03's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
Thanks Meter: 560
 
1,585 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by no_username_available

try a different battery or charging port if you can

Charging via USB will put you in the range of around 480mA. Even with fast charge on, it's somewhere around 600-700mA.
2nd July 2014, 12:08 AM   |  #8  
no_username_available's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 41
 
336 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordcheeto03

Charging via USB will put you in the range of around 480mA. Even with fast charge on, it's somewhere around 600-700mA.

i meant change the usb port on the s4
The Following User Says Thank You to no_username_available For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd July 2014, 01:17 AM   |  #9  
lordcheeto03's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
Thanks Meter: 560
 
1,585 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by no_username_available

i meant change the usb port on the s4


Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes